Transport from Disney to Other resorts | Inside Universal Forums

Transport from Disney to Other resorts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You might find that renting a car might be your cheapest option to be honest with you. There are shuttle services but i cant imagine them being cheap and with a family the cost will add up fast.

Just an FYI

There is both a National Car Rental and an Alamo car rental location at the Dolphin Hotel on Disney property. For the heck of it I just did a quick search on both sites to see how much a rental would be on sort notice for next week Mon-Wed and to my surprise its not all that much as you can see. This was also before any discounts you can find

National
Economy $20 a day
Compact $22
Mid Sized $24

Alamo
Economy $34 a day
Compact $36
Mid Sized $37

Staying on site if your going to Disney for the Perks, Notice from Germany People who don't know the area Disney resorts are a good option. Another thing is contact Sea World and Universal to see what options they have for you also.

IMO, renting a car at MCO when you land is the best option if you're looking to not stay on WDW property for the entire trip. I paid a little over 100 bucks for 5 days last time I did it. Compare that to 60 bucks for a Mears shuttle from your resort to Universal/SeaWorld for a family of four for a day and it's a steal.

Plus, it unshackles you from the tedium of WDW transportation.

IMO, renting a car at MCO when you land is the best option if you're looking to not stay on WDW property for the entire trip. I paid a little over 100 bucks for 5 days last time I did it. Compare that to 60 bucks for a Mears shuttle from your resort to Universal/SeaWorld for a family of four for a day and it's a steal.

Plus, it unshackles you from the tedium of WDW transportation.

I had to learn this the hard way... I waited to get to the hotel to rent a car and the rate plus tax ended up being like $75 for a DAY.

Renting a car right from the airport is the best recommendation, followed by planning on staying at one of the hotels that offers shuttles.

I had to learn this the hard way... I waited to get to the hotel to rent a car and the rate plus tax ended up being like $75 for a DAY.

Renting a car right from the airport is the best recommendation, followed by planning on staying at one of the hotels that offers shuttles.

I check rates not too long ago for renting a car at the Dolphin hotel and the rates were around $25 per day (before taxes) which seems about average and not that bad if you ask me. I was pretty surprised also since it was an onsite rental agency.

Again, the Lynx -busses are a good and cheap way (4,50 per day/person or 2,00 per way per person) , link 50 from WDW to SeaWorld and from there you can use the 8 to go to Wet'n Wild (37 from there or walking about 15 min to Universal) or the IrideTrolley (to Wet'n Wild).

pauline (who will using Lynx and Trolley at october visit)