TripAdvisor ranks IOA as #1 theme park in the USA | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

TripAdvisor ranks IOA as #1 theme park in the USA

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The 3 best theme parks that I have been to are:

Disneyland
Dollywood
Islands of Adventure

200.gif

I just went over to see what Magic was saying, as I've never been on that website, and everyone seemed to think they were being dramatic.
Golly gee they are taking a Trip Advisor like it is the final word in a court sentencing.
Why are they bickering if they know everything is subjective?

I just went over to see what Magic was saying, as I've never been on that website, and everyone seemed to think they were being dramatic.
Golly gee they are taking a Trip Advisor like it is the final word in a court sentencing.
Because EVERYONE knows WDW is the best and to suggest otherwise is just plain silly. Duh!

I think I'm going to ditch all stand up tapes or any sunday comics because that thread is all the comedic material I could ever want.
My favorite is the likening of Universal to a "hell hole down the street".
That's the way many of them think over there. Check out the Magic "Universal threads" sometime. Unlike here at IU where people comment a lot on the WDW oriented threads, and are pretty fair about WDW, very very few Magic posters ever comment on the Universal threads. And the few that do, most get pretty negative. But, there's a number of IU posters that post on Magic too. Fortunately, they are the ones who usually add a bit of fairness and common decency to the arguments that get pretty hostile over there. Magic is a zoo.

Reactions: hishedale
I think the saddest part is they aren’t even Disney fanboys but actually Walt Disney World(Magic Kingdom) fanboy. True Disney fans know that Disneyland in Anaheim, Ca is the best Disney Park. More rides(by a landslide), the better version of rides(space mountain and POTC, could argue for haunted mansion), better use of space, some how much better crowd control(magic kingdom has higher attendance but not by that much 20 mil to 18.5mil) somehow with so much more land(acres incorporated into magic) and yet it feels 3 times as claustrophobic than Disneyland just insane, and lastly the charm and history of the first, the original, the park that not only Walt walked but actually had an apartment built in that you can still see the light on its window telling you he’s in the park.

For me it’s honestly a very tough call between Islands, Disneyland, and USHollywood(the studio tram tour is just unlike anything anywhere and can never be duplicated)

Needless to say I do find it incredibly amussing that some quite simply just say “that just shows why you can’t trust the GP” lol. Good lord people, they honestly believe that the public is just lost in their ways because Disney is #1 how dare anyone think otherwise. The definition of Koolaid drinkers.Too funny but sadly this is the case my parents included.

I love Disney and will always enjoy tremendously (going Disneyland for a couple of days this October to finish a trip and 10+ days booked for DisneyWorld at Boardwalk Villas in 2020) but have become quite the universal family with my wife and daughter. Now my parents(specifically dad) will not want to hear it about universal and “how dare anyone not understand and appreciate how much greater things are at Disney”, the man should get a job selling for Disney lol he can talk for hours about it. Me, I can simply enjoy both with a lean toward the direction universal is moving.

Last edited:
Can someone link the Magic thread that talks about this? I need some entertainment ;)
Here it is, but be nice.

Magic Kingdom ranks as 2nd most favorite amusement park in the U.S. ! | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

It took me a long time to realize that Disney Parks fans are not theme park fans, they are Disney fans. They like the parks because it gives them a place to wallow in their passion. Universal has those fans too, thus the never-ending discussion about BTTF and Jaws coming back, but for the most part, most people at UOR don't know that Potter is Warner Bros. Or Transformers is mostly Paramount. Or Simpson's is FOX. Or that Kong wasn't Universal until 2005.

Then there is MARVEL. Bwahahahah!

That is what they do there. Can be very fun as long as you remember it is an internet message board and in the great scheme of things none of it means a 'thang.

Reactions: hishedale
Here it is, but be nice.

Magic Kingdom ranks as 2nd most favorite amusement park in the U.S. ! | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

It took me a long time to realize that Disney Parks fans are not theme park fans, they are Disney fans. They like the parks because it gives them a place to wallow in their passion. Universal has those fans too, thus the never-ending discussion about BTTF and Jaws coming back, but for the most part, most people at UOR don't know that Potter is Warner Bros. Or Transformers is mostly Paramount. Or Simpson's is FOX. Or that Kong wasn't Universal until 2005.

:lol: Did that one guy seriously call IOA an amusement park at opening?

Reactions: Disneyhead
Thread drift, but the weird thing about Magic--a lot of them are self-professed WDW fans who haven't actually been in years. A lot of the posters there are just addicted to drama and debate.
To be fair, many of the people on this forum - myself included - haven't been to the Orlando theme parks in years. I love them, but for many people, it takes a lot of time and money to take a vacation to them.

Here it is, but be nice.

That one guy in the marvel thread also. Went 12 pages saying the same thing yet everyone tells him different, but they are incorrect. His opinion is based on nothing yet people talking in facts are wrong.

b
because a WDW web site probably thinks MK is better than anything at Universal... Personally our family prefers IOA to MK but thats just us

That article is so ridiculous. The Island at Pigeon Forge is ranked 6 in top amusement parks in the US? That's not even an amusement park! Its a mini version of Disney Springs/City Walk with one big ferris wheel and a few other small attractions. That's it! Maybe they paid to be on this list.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
The problem with any trip to Disney is all the planning. I’m a planner so it’s so much stress to find fast pass times that coordinate with meal times...etc. I end up stressing about it the whole time before the trip. Universal I just go and enjoy. The restaurant reservation system especially is so less hectic. So I get it.

The problem with any trip to Disney is all the planning. I’m a planner so it’s so much stress to find fast pass times that coordinate with meal times...etc. I end up stressing about it the whole time before the trip. Universal I just go and enjoy. The restaurant reservation system especially is so less hectic. So I get it.

I like the planning but I think that’s just me. My wife has an itinerary made for our trip in September. The first week at Disney is heavily detailed. The 8 days at Universal is blank pages with a general list of things we want to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
I like the planning but I think that’s just me. My wife has an itanary made for our trip in September. The first week at Disney is heavily detailed. The 8 days at Universal is blank pages with a general list of things we want to do.
and....that's the way to do a Universal vacation....blank slate and fill in the gaps when 'you feel' like doing something relaxing, or entertaining ........or when your belly tells you it's time to eat. :thumbsup:.....I hope Universal never changes....and I hope they forget the Virtual Queue concept.