Trolls 2 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Trolls 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Trolls World tour is now streaming on Hulu here in the US. Guess i'll check it out now that it's included with subscription now.
Interesting all these streaming deals lol. How does this film go straight to its competitor after all this hoopla? Im sure there is a reason, but its just astonishing how many contracts are all over the place with regards to streaming.

Its already on Peacock. But as a note, Comcast made the dreamworks deal with Hulu back in 2017 for films and projects starting in 2020 for 4 years. So the deal just started. Dreamworks projects for Netflix and Amazon has made Universal some easy cash as well as brand recognition.

Interesting all these streaming deals lol. How does this film go straight to its competitor after all this hoopla? Im sure there is a reason, but its just astonishing how many contracts are all over the place with regards to streaming.

Dreamworks moved its deal from Netflix to Hulu a couple years back and one of the stipulations appears to be that it's non-exclusive (much like how it is with NBC's other content on Hulu).

TWT is on Peacock right now as well.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Dreamworks moved its deal from Netflix to Hulu a couple years back and one of the stipulations appears to be that it's non-exclusive (much like how it is with NBC's other content on Hulu).

TWT is on Peacock right now as well.

Netflix deal with Dreamworks is not over. Netflix gets shows based on Universal IPs while Hulu gets shows based on original/Dreamworks based content. (Why Netflix has Camp Creataceous and other movie based shows).

Reactions: rageofthegods
Netflix deal with Dreamworks is not over. Netflix gets shows based on Universal IPs while Hulu gets shows based on original/Dreamworks based content. (Why Netflix has Camp Creataceous and other movie based shows).

My bad.

It's easy to forget what a huge deal it was when Disney first announced they were doing their own streaming service. Back then, networks like Netflix, Hulu, and HBO thrived because they had a smorgasbord of programs from all studios. Once Disney+ was announced, it opened the floodgates for the other studios like Universal and Warner Bros to say "me too".

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
It's easy to forget what a huge deal it was when Disney first announced they were doing their own streaming service. Back then, networks like Netflix, Hulu, and HBO thrived because they had a smorgasbord of programs from all studios. Once Disney+ was announced, it opened the floodgates for the other studios like Universal and Warner Bros to say "me too".
Yep, you’re correct. I think some jumped the gun too, you need to open pretty big with something to make a statement