Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think there’s a way to make Indy conservation-adjacent. Take a South American animal, make them a Mara equivalent, then the ride is about the dumb tourists disturbing the sacred temple and Indy coming to the rescue.

We barely escape with our lives, etc, moral of the story is to leave the animals inside the temple to live in piece.

Encanto at AK and not MK? Indy after all of these years? Why?

Even better they haven’t even announced it! They’re saying that they’re being considered! You guys ready to experience this in 2030?
Disney needs new management badly in their parks division to speed up this snails pace for construction. It seems at this point once these attractions get built at AK, DHS and MK won't get anything new until the 2030s!
The exterior layout in the high-res concept art is nearly identical to that of Mystic Manor, with the entrance to the left of the house on the berm.
If Encanto got an actual attraction, based on the space in the concept art, I foresee this being some sort of walkthrough.

Disney needs new management badly in their parks division to speed up this snails pace for construction. It seems at this point once these attractions get built at AK, DHS and MK won't get anything new until the 2030s!

If Encanto got an actual attraction, based on the space in the concept art, I foresee this being some sort of walkthrough.
In hindsight, this actually being a Mystic Manor 2.0 with Encanto dressing might actually make a lot more sense than I thought. Because both this, and Indy, would require little to no R&D.

Both shouldn’t cost an absurd price tag, are part of a beautification to the existing area, and would only require little changes here and there (especially in Indy’s case), outside of redone sets for Dinosaur and making a modified clone of Mystic Manor. You could even have it be centered on Antonio as he is trying to find animals that are missing in the house.

Love to maybe to get a confirmation of maybe something coming to a possible open land plot of perhaps a still popular ip kind of attraction maybe coming in the future if we all just dream and/or wish really hard. Clown shoes company.

South America also includes part of the arctic circle. This is both Central and northern parts of South America
The Asia and Africa lands don't represent their entire continents either. I don't think Disney themselves said "Tropical Americas" so I'm assuming they'd go with a different name if this actually does happen.

Reactions: captainmoch
In hindsight, this actually being a Mystic Manor 2.0 with Encanto dressing might actually make a lot more sense than I thought. Because both this, and Indy, would require little to no R&D.

Both shouldn’t cost an absurd price tag, are part of a beautification to the existing area, and would only require little changes here and there (especially in Indy’s case), outside of redone sets for Dinosaur and making a modified clone of Mystic Manor. You could even have it be centered on Antonio as he is trying to find animals that are missing in the house.
Believe it or not, when beyond Big Thunder Mountain was announced at D23 last year, Jack from DSNY Newscast did some armchair imagineering for types of attractions he could see come and Encanto was a trackless ride. Based on the IP a trackless ride would be ideal for Encanto. I also think Encanto going to AK works out for the better as it could allow the rumored Villains land if it ever happens to be even bigger without Encanto near it.

The Asia and Africa lands don't represent their entire continents either. I don't think Disney themselves said "Tropical Americas" so I'm assuming they'd go with a different name if this actually does happen.
Disney 100% said Tropical Americas. From their press site wdwnews…

At Destination D23 2023, it was announced that Walt Disney Imagineering is planning to reimagine Dinoland U.S.A. at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park into a new land inspired by a region sometimes referred to as “tropical Americas.” As part of their research, Imagineers are looking at some of the most biodiverse areas on the planet in the regions just north and south of the equator in the Western Hemisphere – the northern part of South America, stretching up into Central America. New experiences inspired by “Encanto” – the Academy Award winning Walt Disney Animation Studios film – and the fan-favorite adventurer Indiana Jones are being considered for the reimagined land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. (Disney)

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I can't disagree more. This area looks very cohesive compared to what Moana/Zootopia was pitched as and it also is themed to, essentially, South America, which continues the continent theme.

We were always going to get IPs shoved here and if that had to happen, I think this is the far better thing for the park. I'll also disagree that Pandora doesn't fit, but agree to disagree.
FWIW I support a South American land. Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros would give it some material to work with. Or invent another country. A real chance to highlight some animals you don't typically see in zoos.

But by your logic Disney could shoehorn a Prince of Egypt ride into Africa (hey, the movie had snakes in it, which is about Indy's only animal connection).

FWIW I support a South American land. Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros would give it some material to work with. Or invent another country. A real chance to highlight some animals you don't typically see in zoos.

But by your logic Disney could shoehorn a Prince of Egypt ride into Africa (hey, the movie had snakes in it, which is about Indy's only animal connection).
My logic is Indy is more thematically cohesive with Encanto than Moana with Zootopia and while still not fitting DAK, at least it’s in a land that belongs rather than that area being Zootopia and a bustling city which would’ve been even worse. I’m not saying I like the IPs at DAK, but let’s not be naive, we aren’t getting original attractions.

My expectations for Disney have greatly lowered. The fact they are doing a continent as an overarching theme almost becomes impressive and surprising when it shouldn’t be.

While I'm fine with the replacement of the Hester & Chester area, as a dinosaur enthusiast I'd be really sad to the the Dinosaur Institute area and ride go. It's a shame that Disney is apparently unable or unwilling to make the wildly popular theme of dinosaurs work in a theme park anymore. It feels like mainstream Pop Culture has decided that Jurassic Park owns the concept of dinosaurs, which has lead to utter creative stagnation. It's a shame to lose an attraction that represented an original take on dinosaurs that was clearly made by people that were knowledgeable and passionate about them in a world where pop culture representation of dinosaurs is largely just a series of increasingly derivative copies of a 1993 movie.

Are we looking at the same company?

To be fair, Mystic Manor was part of a major project that was 468 million for the projects altogether of Mystic Point, Grizzly Gulch, and TSL. I'd have to think it wouldn't of costed more than 150 million for the attraction and land, considering Poohs Hunny Hunt I could've sworn was around there.

It'd be a lot of money, do not get me wrong; but it'd still be cheaper than building a new ride from scratch.

To be fair, Mystic Manor was part of a major project that was 468 million for the projects altogether of Mystic Point, Grizzly Gulch, and TSL. I'd have to think it wouldn't of costed more than 150 million for the attraction and land, considering Poohs Hunny Hunt I could've sworn was around there.

It'd be a lot of money, do not get me wrong; but it'd still be cheaper than building a new ride from scratch.
I’m just saying that modern Disney would find a way to make this budget for one land and reskin rival the entirety of EU somehow

Reactions: mccgavin
The thing is: there are absolutely ways you can make the Indiana Jones ride relevant to animals. I just don't know that I trust Disney to make that effort.

For example, if you were to tweak the storyline into something built upon the fact that ancient Central and South American cultures placed a high value on certain animals as objects of worship (see: The Inca Trilogy - The Condor, The Puma, and The Serpent | Kuoda Travel and Symbolism, Myth, and Power: The Role of Animals in Maya Life - Yucatan Today), you would then have a foundation that would be perfectly suitable for the park.