Twisted Metal (Peacock) | Inside Universal Forums

Twisted Metal (Peacock)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Went into the show cold -- didn't even realize it would be a comedy -- but ended up liking it quite a bit. From what I gather, the end of season 1 points to a season 2 much closer to the game, so fans of the IP should be happy.

Hell yessss! While I would have always been fine with the first season being it's own ridiculous, cheesy thing, it's awesome to know that we're going to get a full on tournament season! Hopefully they reasonably tie up the story between John and Quiet so that if it doesn't go any further than two seasons it'll be a nicely tied together story but I'm all for more carnage and more fun characters from this world.

I still think car combat expectations will have to be tempered, even with a full on tournament season but I'm pleasantly surprised they're going back into this world, I figured for sure a TM series would be a one and done.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hell yessss! While I would have always been fine with the first season being it's own ridiculous, cheesy thing, it's awesome to know that we're going to get a full on tournament season! Hopefully they reasonably tie up the story between John and Quiet so that if it doesn't go any further than two seasons it'll be a nicely tied together story but I'm all for more carnage and more fun characters from this world.

I still think car combat expectations will have to be tempered, even with a full on tournament season but I'm pleasantly surprised they're going back into this world, I figured for sure a TM series would be a one and done.
This is probably the best performing Peacock original (maybe along with Dr. Death?), so I’m not surprised it’s getting another season.

This is probably the best performing Peacock original (maybe along with Dr. Death?), so I’m not surprised it’s getting another season.
That's awesome news! I'm glad it's getting its props, it really hits a great line between goofy, cheesy, fun, over the top but with a heart and some seriousness to it. It feels like a passion project for the people who made and it's hard not to watch it with a grin on my face having grown up in the car combat arena.