Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
USF might not have the most picturesque panorama, but having those clunky trusses standing there all day wouldn't make it any better...

EXACTLY.gif

And I don't think it does make it worse.

Then again, I think the hatred for how RRR looks is overblown.

I don't hate RRR as much for it's looks as I do for it's poor design and project management. It doesn't look all that bad. And at least it's an attraction that adds some appeal and kinect energy to that area of the park.

But big metal barges floating in the lagoon won't serve a purpose during the day.

But big metal barges floating in the lagoon won't serve a purpose during the day.

I suppose that like World of Color, the fountains/water screens could be active during the day without the LED colors. It's just that the black barges with giant criss-crossing metal trusses aren't as easy to look past than simple, white ballons floating in the lagoon.

I disagree. It shows that some kind of big show will happen later that night, and keep people curious.

But it's like showing the behind the scenes before you see a show. It's like going to the theatre and before the show starts, you have the curtain open and see the backstage and the back of the set pieces. It's not just an eye sore; it takes away from the magic of the show. :shrug: But as much as I'd like the clunky things off the lagoon during the day, they look pretty fixed, like they can't collapse down or sideways, so it looks like we'll be staring at them whether we like it or not... unless the trusses fold somehow and they are submergible, which I doubt.

I suppose that like World of Color, the fountains/water screens could be active during the day without the LED colors. It's just that the black barges with giant criss-crossing metal trusses aren't as easy to look past than simple, white ballons floating in the lagoon.

That could be a solution to at least make it prettier :)

Some decorative spandex would make it look better I think...maybe a film strip going up each side of the truss...personally I like the trussing look, what I don't like is all of the chains and wires inside of it..A lot of the rigging is visible..
Oh and their HAS to be signs around the lagoon about the show..even if it is something small..Another problem UNI360 had was that nobody knew about it really...I guess that is kind of a good thing

Last edited:
^ Maybe thats why there are divers working on riggings underwater??? :lol:

The only movable part I'm aware of is the main horizontal part that holds the screen spouts, so it can be worked on.

I was being smart, no idea on the lowering thing. But I do know about the divers.

Having seen these things first hand, I don't think it impacts the sight lines very much. You can still see MIB (a lot better than when the domes were there), they kind of just blend and don't really stick out.

Also I wasn't able to get a photo the other day when I was at the park, but the old boathouse used for the stunt show, Dynamite Lights has some storage going on in it. I know know if there are show pieces they are keeping in there, but when I was there they had the curtain tucked to the side and you couldn't really make out what was in there, because I was looking from Battery Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.