Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say I saw this again last night and being in a different part of the park (right behind Richter burgers) I have a new fond love for this show. I saw it before from the other side of park and was not thrilled with it and felt some parts were boring. But being there I could see so much more of the show and see the smaller details with the lasers on the lagoon walls (lower down) and some other cool features. It was a good show (coming from someone the LOVES wishes and will be sad when it goes) and I will make sure in the future to always see it when I am at Uni. My son also loved it and laughed during the 100 years of laughter. Which really says a lot, because it takes a lot for him to laugh at the parks. So overall I was glad to see it and found my favorite place to watch it.

It looks like they're adding new platforms on top of the barge scaffolding. Above where the water spouts are. Anyone know what those will be for?

What is?

LS-042.jpg

Sorry I didn't take a wider shot to show placement.

Well, soon enough they are going to at least have to change some parts of it. You can only celebrate Universal's 100th anniversary for so long...

On Saturday they played a trailer for Despicable Me 2 about 5 mins before the show started, thought it was pretty cool.

That explains a lot. We stopped to go to the bathroom and I heard something and we started going faster over to the lagoon because we thought the show started early. When we got there, nothing was playing yet.... I was so confused!!!

I watched this twice over the weekend from what used to be one of the best spots to watch it. But with Transformers now, they're not dimming the lighting in the queue or turning off the queue videos, which means I could hear Sonia Bradley talking during the show more than once.

Universal, if you're reading this: please.

I watched this twice over the weekend from what used to be one of the best spots to watch it. But with Transformers now, they're not dimming the lighting in the queue or turning off the queue videos, which means I could hear Sonia Bradley talking during the show more than once.

Did you tell guest relations? That's going to get to them before a post on a random forum.

The entire system is going through changes, there were nights last week they couldn't get the Simpsons ride dimmed until 5-7 minutes into a show. Im told rest assured its being worked on.

On the flip side how would you feel if you didn't care about the show and you couldn't see the queue video because they turned it off for the show. That kind of thing would get a whole bad show thread on here.

The exterior queue audio is probably tied into the rest of the queue audio, meaning if they hit the mute button it takes it all out. It's deemed important to the show quality and I don't see it going away.

Just thought I'd mention that after watching it tonight I didn't notice anything odd with the lighting from my vantage point in Central Park. Also, does anyone have the list of songs (or the whole track audio) of the pre-show loop? I could just sit there and watch the patterns on the water screens all night while that relaxing music plays. I like movies, but am not as familiar with a lot of Universal soundtracks like I am Disney's, with the exception of Jurassic Park.

I believe what plays before the show is the Centennial Suite - made up of various melodies and themes based on the main Universal fanfare.

Here's what plays immediately before the show starts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5tJux2919M

As for the rest of what plays before the show begins, it is also part of the suite. I can't seem to find a Youtube link, though.

-Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.