Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ How do you know it is an upgrade?

There is a permit floating around somewhere that states new foundation for a pyro bunker. The permit never was fulfilled so pair that with the info given to me and it makes sense. Also there is a new fence going up around the bunker as well.

While I am happy that this bodes well for the nighttime show, I am really unhappy that they continue to waste that land for pyro storage. I would prefer they move the pyro to a site way off property in the countryside somewhere.

While I am happy that this bodes well for the nighttime show, I am really unhappy that they continue to waste that land for pyro storage. I would prefer they move the pyro to a site way off property in the countryside somewhere.

Move it to the empty space between Gringotts and whatever's going to replace FFL. There could easily be two e-tickets and a restaurant in the current space.

Disregard this post if this has been said before or if everyone knows, but once I found this out I had to post it here. It turns out that UCS wasn't Universal's first implementation of projections through water screens. Poseidon's Fury uses them too. And this technology was developed over a decade ago. (But the ability to use this tech as a nightly show, out in the elements, with the rigs for the screens sitting on barges in a lagoon.......that's another story.)

etc.

The system they use here is obviously fairly dated, but similar to that used in the show.

I'm guessing they use the Aqua Visual FX, or less likely an Aquagraphics screen, seen in the i45 commercials and Taylor Swift's tour (amongst other places).

Here's a video showing it in a circle. It's quite cool in a circle.

[video=youtube;d95vDwedDw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d95vDwedDw8&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
I'd be severely disappointed if they didn't take advantage of Cinespec's tech for a darker HHN-type show. It seems dumb. I would love to see just what they could do with it.

Can you really make a fountain/firework show darker? By their very nature fountains are very fluid and flow, they don't do shock or dark, they mainly look whimsical. And fireworks aren't really a shock factor... Whilst I imagine the movies they use on the water screens could be darker I just can't imagine a dark spectacle, because by their very nature they aren't really shocking.

If they had a few spare scare actors you could get a cheap shock. But I can't imagine that happening.

Can you really make a fountain/firework show darker? By their very nature fountains are very fluid and flow, they don't do shock or dark, they mainly look whimsical. And fireworks aren't really a shock factor... Whilst I imagine the movies they use on the water screens could be darker I just can't imagine a dark spectacle, because by their very nature they aren't really shocking.

If they had a few spare scare actors you could get a cheap shock. But I can't imagine that happening.

You can project on to it whatever you want and "dark" is more than the dimness of the screen or fountains lights.
I would love to see them light it up red and orange and project fire while running foggers...

I didn't mean darker as in the actual color ( but it would be cool ) I meant darker as in more creepy instead of whimsical. Even if they had the water curtains dripping blood with the fountains shooting up..something along those lines. Personally I would like to see some sort of video on the water screen an maby red/purple fountains.

I didn't mean darker as in the actual color ( but it would be cool ) I meant darker as in more creepy instead of whimsical. Even if they had the water curtains dripping blood with the fountains shooting up..something along those lines. Personally I would like to see some sort of video on the water screen an maby red/purple fountains.

It does not as a show have to scare people. It just has to be in the spirit of Halloween/horror. Universal does that in their HHN productions for the most part. When its not met we don't see the concept stuck around. The Director's Cut show was not all that bad in concept it was just 360's tech was bland. This has much more potential. Look how they make shapes with classic Universal icons before the show starts as it is now. Some of those are horror based. Including the Mother Silhouette from Psycho. To have famous horror icons cycle like that and have a mini show would be very atmospheric. Especially with pyro tech if implemented and lots of laser work. Sensory Overload is part of the experience.

They already have a horror segment of the show that captures a lot of that nostalgia and emotion of horror in cinema. The lighting even goes a grey black and white like effect for it. They could easily play a similar segment or expand on that one. That mixed with the fireballs that are commonly seen around the lagoon fit right into the way Universal's HHN rockshow like atmosphere works.

This is more what I meant... A spectacle is a spectator sport, it's almost impossible to scare or honestly shock people because they are so detached from the event. I can see it reflecting fear but I don't see it being any less whimsical. Fountains are whimsical because water flows, unless you change that then a show centred on fountains can't be that less whimsical without just not using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.