Universal Announces Plans for 50th Anniversary | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Announces Plans for 50th Anniversary

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Very excited to hear that we'll see Frankenstein on the Nighttime Tour. Slightly bummed that it will only be on summer weekends. Let's hope we aren't let down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernardMesa
I'm so happy that they are making new trams :) the old ones were getting very rusty and they would always make squeaky noises if the tram made a sharp turn. Also I hope it has a more quiet engine because sometimes if you sit in the last row of the 1st car it is very hard to here the guide.

Also are the trams with the redesigned exterior that they showed a few weeks ago brand new trams or are those just the normal trams with a different exterior. If they aren't new trams they might want to see how the new design looks on the old trams and see if they like it or want to change it for the new trams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very excited to hear that we'll see Frankenstein on the Nighttime Tour. Slightly bummed that it will only be on summer weekends. Let's hope we aren't let down!
I agree, I hope it sticks around for longer than that!

I totally called Frankenstein on the night tour! Probably gonna be in the Court of Miracles.

I genuinely can't wait for the upgraded trams and everything coming to the tour. It will always be the heart and soul of USH, and will always be my favorite.

So the Nighttime Tours thing sounds more like a "Limited Time Magic"/summer promotion. Will probably only show up during summer and probably Grinchmas if popular enough.

I think what they'll do is have the interactive/entertainment parts of the Night Time tours (Marilyn Monroe, etc) for a "limited time" or for peak seasons and holidays, but still keep some "night time" tour elements like the new lighting and effects for when the tour simply has to operate after sunset.

I was also a bit confused regarding the "new fleet" of trams. Not sure if it was PR mumbo-jumbo to make the reskinned and upgraded trams seem like a whole new fleet or if we'll genuinely get totally new trams. Either way, any upgrades to the Tour and the trams is welcome in my book!

Still crossing my fingers for a BTTF demonstration in Courthouse Square.

I'm curious how long/extensive/elaborate the character segments will be on the Night Tour. Wouldn't want trams backed up. I bet for Marilyn there will be a "director" and camera crew that will yell action and she'll do a song and dance number on the Metro sets.

As for the Court of Miracles, I hope they dress it up a bit more to make it look more haunted. Maybe look like an outdoor version of Frankenstein's lab from HoH and use some old set dressings. Lots of possibilities.

I just really hope I'm not gonna be underwhelmed by the Night Tour, since they're making such a big deal about it in the press releases.

Reactions: UniversalSicard
I find it a bit odd that they're willing to spend the cash to refresh the current trams only to ditch them for a completely new fleet in 2016.

But hey, that's what the press release says. I found it purposely ambiguous about certain elements which I must guess was their ultimate intention.

Speaking of the layout of the park, I'm very curious to see how they'll label the park on the future maps. I know they'll still use the Lower/Upper Lot Designation, but I'm curious if they'll maybe make it more organized and have "sub lands" as a part of the two Lots. I'd love to see that.

For example (in my ideal world)...

UPPER LOT~

Entrance Plaza:

-Universal Studio Store

-Featured Gift shop

-Hollywood Grill

-Waterworld

-Cartooniversal

-Amazing Pictures

-<HoH Replacement Venue>

Universal Plaza:

-Universal Plaza Character Show

-Shrek 4D

-Special Effects Stage

-Animal Actors

-Production Central

-French Street Bistro

-Moulin Rouge (VIP ONLY)

-Palace Theatre Cafe

-Pink's

-Mel's Diner

-Cinnabon

Minion Way:

-Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

-Gru's Lab Cafe

-Despicable Delights

-Super Silly Stuff

-Super Silly Fun Land

-Silly Swirly

Springfield:

-The Simpsons Ride

-Krusty's Krustyland Carnival

-Kwik-E-Mart

-Krusty Burger

-Cletus’ Chicken Shack

-Luigi’s Pizza

-Phineas Q. Butterfat’s Ice Cream Parlor -Lard Lad Donuts

-Moe’s Tavern

-Duff Brewery

-The Frying Dutchman

-Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck

World Famous Studio Tour - FEATURING:

-Fast & Furious - Supercharged

-King Kong: 360-3D

-Earthquake: The Big One

-Jaws

-Flash Flood

-Famous Sets & Locations

-Nighttime Studio Tour (Sunset through Closing)

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter:

-Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

-Hogwarts Castle Tour

-Flight of the Hippogriff

-Street Entertainment

-The Three Broomsticks

-Hog's Head

-Zonko's Joke Shop

-Honeydukes

-Ollivander's

-Dervish and Banges

-Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods

LOWER LOT~

Blockbuster Plaza:

-Jurassic Park River Adventure

-DinoPlay

-Jurassic Cafe

-Jurassic Outfitters

-Character Shop

-Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride

-Transformers: The Ride-3D

-Transformers Meet & Greet

-NEST Gift Shop

-NBCUniversal Experience Museum

-Ben & Jerry's

-Starbucks

-Panda Express

-<Stage 28 Replacement Attraction>

In this link, some neighbors are already complaining about the night tours...lady, if you don't like it, move. Park was here first.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/02/17/universal-studios-hollywood-to-introduce-new-night-backlot-tours-in-summer/

In it there's a quote from Universal that there won't be explosions during the Night Tour. Does that confirm that no cool segment for BTTF?

Universal says the new trams will roll out in 2016 and it won't be the 50th anniversary in 2016 so they probably are new trams. Because on the updated trams it says 50th anniversary on it.

Is that all the characters they will be putting for universal monsters on the night tour. It would be awesome to see all universal monsters there maybe similar to a scare zone

Universal says the new trams will roll out in 2016 and it won't be the 50th anniversary in 2016 so they probably are new trams. Because on the updated trams it says 50th anniversary on it.
The logo is pretty small on the tram. Could be repainted really fast.

I don't see an entire new fleet by 2016, I see this as new trams will be introduced now, but the entire fleet will be finished by 2016.  Kind of like an airline livery change.  It can't happen overnight.