Universal at 3am! | Inside Universal Forums

Universal at 3am!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 19, 2009
So this week i attended the American Ninja Warrior tapings at UO. Thought id write a 'miniblog' below.

Arrived around 9pm (for 10.30pm gate closing) and had to wait at the group tickets area (to the right of the arches) until we had signed the relevant disclaimers and had received wristbands.

After 2 hours of waiting, we were finally let in, Universal staff seemed pissed off and readily told us they didnt know what was happening, and why it was taking so long. After getting past the barriers we waited again for 30mins until UO staff had the go ahead.

Finally we were taking down past hollywood and past transformers (we had to keep silent as contestant interviews were being made infront of the lake (which was showing the NW logo on one of the waterscreens.) and finally to the set, which was huge, The used a conveyer belt method, of having sit one bleachers for 20mins, then moved to the next set, and so on, until we got the the actual course (not the final course, which was also setup) We were routed via the arcade (which was all switched off and spookily like the arcade in Tron) then past the mummy gift shop (guard situated there to ensure no stock went missing) then out into the mummy facade, then again into the mummy building and out the entrance doors. The filming itself was as expected, and we could stay as long as we wanted (5-6am when they stopped filming)

One strange thing, about 1.30am i saw someone ontop of one of the brake runs for RRR, with a torch, I was unsure if it was a cameraman trying to get a wide shot or if they indeed do inspect the RRR track in the dark?

We left about 3.30am and got to wander back through the park alone and empty!, it was an amazing sight, I dont know if i had expected the rides doors to be shut and locked but they were, i maybe just assumed they were left open overnight, Mels diner had cleaners and window cleaners in at this time, i didnt realise they clean EVERY part of the place, tiles, windows, signs, it was pretty impressive.

As we headed out the 'normal' exit the Universal globe was switched off and eerily quiet. Even citywalk was empty and the IOA searchlight switched off.

Cant wait to see it on TV :)

Pictures to follow

http://imgur.com/a/yUBmW#HBqlW1c

Last edited:
cool post, but all the pictures were sideways. Is there a way to view the pictures without having to turn my head?