Universal Dining Plan Question | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Dining Plan Question

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My family and I will be making our 12th trip down in January 2017, we are thinking about getting Annual passes to take advantage of the hotel discount from the passes, but we'd like to get the Dining Plan as well (NOT the Quick Service Plan), and as we know that isn't available unless you book a package. But you can't get the hotel discount from the annual pass if you book a package. So, I'm in a catch 22. Do I buy the annual passes, and get the hotel discount? And if so, I seem to remember some way to buy the Dining Plan through the hotel once you get there, but Universal is saying no go. Or do I book the package and get the dining plan, and risk there being a significant discount in January? Or is there some third option I'm not thinking of?

Not totally relevant to the above question, but my plan is to stay club level, and hope to get the dining plan so I don't have to carry any money for food and I can just focus on relaxing for the week, and bringing some pocket change for souvenirs for the kids.

You can't get a package with an AP. What I would do, if you aren't wanting to carry money for food, is to just charge everything to your room key and then pay at the end of the stay. You're going to have to carry your room key with you anyways.