Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A walking bridge from the hotels that goes over to the overpass would be nice. It would also keep any walking traffic to the existing resort much more safe and off of that crazy intersection.
I feel another bridge is in our future...Maybe one of those eco bridges

I don't understand the attachment to being able to walk to the parks, especially since it will take longer and be more unpleasant than just taking the bus.

I wouldn't count on Universal building any bridges that also help make transportation easier for patrons of other I-drive resorts.

Reactions: Andysol
I don't understand the attachment to being able to walk to the parks, especially since it will take longer and be more unpleasant than just taking the bus.

I wouldn't count on Universal building any bridges that also help make transportation easier for patrons of other I-drive resorts.
A bus load of people that chose the hotel based on price after a full August day in the park? I can see how walking could be more attractive.

A bus load of people that chose the hotel based on price after a full August day in the park? I can see how walking could be more attractive.
I'm pretty sure that anyone with that attitude about "people that chose the hotel based on price" won't be staying here anyway, so this shouldn't be much of an issue.

Reactions: therock
But I have a ressie based on price for HHN. Still don't want to crowd into a bus full of sweaty tired people if I don't have to
You have options:
1) A short bus ride with sweaty tired people.
2) A long and miserable walk.
3) Spend more money for a nicer hotel.

The reason the price is cheaper here than the other hotels is exactly that they won't be providing the same desirable amenities, and that is the trade off you agree to by choosing to stay here.

You have options:

The reason the price is cheaper here than the other hotels is exactly that they won't be providing the same desirable amenities, and that is the trade off you agree to by choosing to stay here.

They aren't that bad...I would say the amount of time that you're actually in them is so short that you don't have time to be uncomfortable

HE is tighter quarters

I know, I know, just my thought of the day. I also have the same dates at RPR so I wonder which will win........

You'll have to swim through it

The dark boat ride we always wanted.

You have options:

"Long and miserable" is a relative term. Having walked farther than the Endless Summer's distance to CityWalk a couple of times, it's not all bad - about a mile, so 20 minutes for me.

To be fair, most of those trips have been in March or May, when the sun wasn't blistering hot. If you're doing that walk in the middle of the day, good luck. If you're going in the morning and coming back in the evening, you'll most likely miss the worst of the heat.

Universal really has to do something to improve the transportation hub, preferably before this hotel opens. With thousands more that will be coming in by bus, i'm not sure if that small hub that's already bursting at the seams is going to be able to handle the traffic.

The dark boat ride we always wanted.

"Long and miserable" is a relative term. Having walked farther than the Endless Summer's distance to CityWalk a couple of times, it's not all bad - about a mile, so 20 minutes for me.

To be fair, most of those trips have been in March or May, when the sun wasn't blistering hot. If you're doing that walk in the middle of the day, good luck. If you're going in the morning and coming back in the evening, you'll most likely miss the worst of the heat.

When we went in 2016, we stayed at a time share in the sunshine resort complex, which was at the very end of I drive from this new hotel. we walked to universal every day there and back no problem, was end of February tho so not too hot. The only concerning thing was at the end of our trip, we checked out of our room and left our luggage at the reception to go spend the last day in the park. the receptionist asked if we wanted her to phone a cab, we said we'd walk and couldn't describe the look of shock and concern on her face, made out that it was really dangerous and that's why everyone drives, is that really the case? The only time we witnessed any crime was on the first day walking there there was a robbery at the petrol station across the road enroute, and while standing at a crossroads, there were 6 or 7 police cars flying in from every direction, was like the movies, pulling hand breakers everywhere, we thought it was kinda exciting to watch tho haha

Universal really has to do something to improve the transportation hub, preferably before this hotel opens. With thousands more that will be coming in by bus, i'm not sure if that small hub that's already bursting at the seams is going to be able to handle the traffic.

Hopefully they separate the buses from everyone else.

Not sure on the practicality of it, but it would be neat if they had at least some of the buses (Endless Summer would be a good test subject) go through security in order to get on, a la the lagoon boats. They'd probably have to set up a separate escalator outside of CityWalk somewhere, but that would be one way to keep the hub a little quieter.

Looks like they added a new page for Dockside on the website:

Dockside Inn and Suites

Also, the "Places to Stay" navigation menu is broken on mobile - it lists "Surfside" twice and the second Surfside link doesn't actually link anywhere... but on the Desktop version of the site Endless Summer is now listed with Surfside and Dockside as sub items below it. It also appears they added a new landing page for Endless Summer:

Universal Orlando Endless Summer Resort

This aerial render is pretty cool, don't think I've seen it before:

endless-summer-resort-orlando-aerial-render-u.jpg

Last edited: