Universal Goes to Seasonal Pricing | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Goes to Seasonal Pricing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've never done more than 2 Disney parks in a day. I would guess that there's less than 1% of Disney single day park hopper tickets that do three or four parks in one day. So I don't think it's a real point of comparison. I kind of agree with what Jungle Skip is saying..... And, probably the bulk of those 1 day Universal park hopper tickets bought at the gate are people staying at Disney coming down for one day of Harry Potter. Universal is trying to get every penny out of their pockets before the Mouse gets them. :lol:

Reactions: Mike S
Alright so Universal gives you less value for your dollar, compared to Disney. I did a 1 day , non Florida, park to park ticket for same date. Universal is tripping.

Universal
View attachment 2064
Disney
View attachment 2065

Universal - 2 Parks $165.08
Disney - 4 Parks $174.66

Just wondering if your comparison includes the number of rides you would go on at the four parks compared to the two parks?

I mean I just feel like I would do more at IOA then the three non MK parks.

Either way, though, if you're buying one day park hoppers in either case you're getting screwed royally, and I really don't have any sympathy for you.

Eh, I used to go ham on 1-day park hoppers at Disney. Open to close and hit up the highlights in each park? It's definitely do-able but easier when you're a spring chicken.

Just wondering if your comparison includes the number of rides you would go on at the four parks compared to the two parks?

I mean I just feel like I would do more at IOA then the three non MK parks.
There is more to do all around Attraction wise at Disney's 4 Parks to Universals 2. In my opinion, you lose Value with a One day Park Hopper out of state at Universal.

Eh, I used to go ham on 1-day park hoppers at Disney. Open to close and hit up the highlights in each park? It's definitely do-able but easier when you're a spring chicken.

Yea, but there is almost no fun in that. You run yourself ragged.

In my opinion, you lose Value with a One day Park Hopper out of state at Universal.

There's no value to either option when it comes to one day parkhoppers

Although I wouldn't buy one at full price, I do have some non expiring hoppers at Disney. I definitely find more value at Disney since I can come early and leave much later. I think I did every major ride at all 4 parks besides DMT and saw 5 shows in one day.

On another note these prices are going up like they are college tuition. I know they want to punish you for going only one day but a power pass (which I have) is less than double what a one day park to park costs. A season pass to pretty much any non Disney park in america is cheaper too. I just wonder where it stops. I would have thought the competition would have kept prices in check a bit better. In NYC, one of the most expensive places in America, I recently got a decent hotel and saw a show for about $150.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn