Universal Great Britain | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So a lot of the speculation talk of this Park has been on how this Park will seemingly have no cloned attractions from Universal Orlando Resort, as to not cannibalise British tourism to that Resort, but could and might include cloned attractions from other Universal Resorts like Hollywood and Japan

And so, as a fun excercise, I decided to round up and make a list of all the attractions unique to the other four current Universal Resorts, to see and discuss what could be cloned to the new Park

A note that the list does not contain ALL of the unique stuff from Non-Orlando Parks, as I've disqualified some based off of rumours of how the Park will be designed.

Given rumours and potential legal stuff, I've removed any DreamWorks Attractions since it seems they are off the table, which includes Beijing's Kung Fu Panda: Land of Awesomeness and all the attractions inside, Hollywood's DreamWorks Theatre, and Singapore's Far Far Away and it's unique attractions

I also excluded rides that don't fit how the Park has said to be designed, with many indoor rides and experiences, so primarily outdoor rides have been cut, which includes Singapore's Treasure Hunters, Canopy Flyer, and Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure

With all said, here's the list:
  • The Secret Life of Pets: Off The Leash
  • Loop-Dee Doop-Dee
  • Silly Swirly/Super Swirly
  • Freeze Ray Sliders
  • Super Silly Fun Land Play Area
  • SING: On Tour
  • Jurassic World Adventure
  • Jurassic Flyers
  • The Flying Dinosaur
  • Dino-Soarin'
  • Lights, Camera, ACTION!!
  • Space Fantasy: The Ride
  • Sesame Street: Spaghetti Space Chase
  • Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN
  • Battlestar Galactica: CYLON
  • WaterWorld
Of all these attractions I’d say the most likely could be Jurassic World Adventure, Pets, and Super Silly Fun Land.

Of all these attractions I’d say the most likely could be Jurassic World Adventure, Pets, and Super Silly Fun Land.
It's obvious Minions/DM is going to be included. But I would hope instead of rehashing Minion Mayhem for the umpteenth time, they use this opportunity to create some sort of DM dark ride incorporating elements from the later films.

Reactions: Nico
Watched a video earlier from a Disneyland Paris fan/vlogger and he seems adamant UGB is going to be a Studios Park and not like IOA and EU. Asking those who might know, is there any indication of this outside of the domain they registered? If I recall we have it being a mix of IOA and EU and that came from Universal at the consulation.
I think it’ll have at least a Hollywood type entrance plaza and street. From there you’ll likely enter all the different worlds. I don’t think it’s going to be exactly like epic, I feel they’ll save different concepts for expansions. And maybe a 2nd gate in the future.

Reactions: Alicia
If this happens do we think the government will impose contractual obligations to open a second gate once visitor numbers reach a certain figure?

Similar to what the French government did with DLP and I think the Chinese government have done with Beijing.

If this happens do we think the government will impose contractual obligations to open a second gate once visitor numbers reach a certain figure?

Similar to what the French government did with DLP and I think the Chinese government have done with Beijing.
I'd be surprised. I don't think the British government has the same kind of leverage or negotiating power as the French or Chinese governments did in their respective situations.

However, I would not be surprised to see them go after non-binding commitments to "future growth" or "resort expansion."

Reactions: Altonsky

I’m not sure how the British government approach this kind of thing to be honest.

I did have a thought on why it may have taken Universal so long to come to the UK/European market. And I think that has a lot to do with DLP and how Disney handled it’s first venture into Europe.

So I think they decided to sit back for a while and see how things pan out. Presuming they’ve chosen the UK as it’s a safe market, in part due to the high influx of British tourists to Orlando?

I'd be surprised. I don't think the British government has the same kind of leverage or negotiating power as the French or Chinese governments did in their respective situations.

However, I would not be surprised to see them go after non-binding commitments to "future growth" or "resort expansion."
Yeah I did think that’d be the case! Non binding agreements seem sensible.

What’s the benefit of that kind of agreement? Presumably it would be set at a visitor level which would make it sensible to open a second gate anyway or Disney/Universal wouldn’t agree to it.

If it goes ahead then this park/resort would be wholly owned by Comcast/Universal? Unless I’m missing something.

When referring to the lack of leverage the British government has about future prospects is because they would presumably own no share in the resort…?