Universal Great Britain | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As I said its not really about the people already going to Universal Orlando but those that can't afford that sort of trip would see a Universal Park in the UK as extremely attractive.
You are right, but they have to be careful as they also don't want to cannibalize themselves either. It would be a serious misstep to offer the same attractions that could be found in Orlando.

Reactions: GeorgeW
Right, there's no doubt there's an underserved population in the United Kingdom (and Western Europe more broadly) but Universal's preference (I assume) is to scoop up that population without losing the more affluent guests who are interested in flying across the Atlantic.

There have also been independent confirmations of the land purchase!

And now personal confirmation of rumor from an industry professional!

Does this mean that Universal at PortAventura is ruled out?
I purposely never brought that up in my story, because having evidence for this story does not necessarily discount another from being true. That said, if I currently had better proof to go on for PAW, I would do a video on it.

And now personal confirmation of rumor from an industry professional!

I purposely never brought that up in my story, because having evidence for this story does not necessarily discount another from being true. That said, if I currently had better proof to go on for PAW, I would do a video on it.

Oh Thanks Alicia for your answer. Follower of your channel here. The thing is, is there proof for PAW?

This things full steam ahead from all I can tell, following how Epic Universe land breaking went down. If this has all the rumored originals, along with maybe JW from Beijing, I’m in. Would likely make a London trip for that and it would not impact my Orlando travels, personally. It’d get at least one visit to the UK for me.

Very exciting, though I find it hard to believe there won't be some attractions that are ported from UOR and the other parks. Maybe an attraction that would never be a draw for your hypothetical affluent visitor, but would still be expected as a part of a Universal park experience for most guests, like Minion Mayhem or Waterworld.

Very exciting, though I find it hard to believe there won't be some attractions that are ported from UOR and the other parks. Maybe an attraction that would never be a draw for your hypothetical affluent visitor, but would still be expected as a part of a Universal park experience for most guests, like Minion Mayhem or Waterworld.
No clones from Orlando is the rumor.

Waterworld would be fine, as it is not present in Orlando. According to rumor.

So they could clone The Secret Life of Pets, but not Minion Mayhem? According to the rumor.

Or alternatively, swap out the Bourne Stuntacular for the Bond Stuntacular, which is not necessarily a clone per se (and is probably what they wanted to do in Orlando in the first place).

I'm gonna put my tin in the hat, and say if they are looking at Pokemon or Nintendo--Galar from Sword & Shield is right there.

You already have a ride concept that could intensely work, with the Flying Taxi's that could be done as if similar to ET or Puss in Boots Giant Journey. That feels like a hell of a easy grab if you do something that tours the region.

So weird if there’s no Harry Potter, not even if it’s at least just Hogsmeade but no Diagon or Ministry.

Also I can’t imagine no Nintendo but then again the UK is one of their smaller markets so maybe it does make sense. Idk.

I really don't see the harm in bringing Hogsmeade over from Orlando. Orlando has two additional Potter lands after all. It wouldn't affect UOR too much.
Besides, people in the UK effectively live in Harry Potter land. They can visit the actual locations with much more ease than foreign visitors and have a wealth of other Harry Potter experiences to choose from in Leavesden, Watford, and London.

Is that VR broomstick thing DOA or still flying around somewhere? I can't see them fully losing out on Potter here. It would be like a Universal park for kids with no minions in there.