Universal Great Britain | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attachments

• IMG_7566.jpeg
    IMG_7566.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 9
Picking through the agenda papers for Bedford Council there's a report on the future of Wixams railway station. The current proposal is for a 2-platform station, based on plans which have been in hand for several years and pre-dating Universal's interest in the locality. Bedford Council are keen to proceed on this basis. However, the Council also notes that should Universal proceed with a theme park development the plans for Wixam station might change (and could be funded by central government) for a much larger station with 4 platforms (which I think would allow fast and stopping services on the line).

Bedford Council have until the end of July to enter in to an agreement to build the station. If they do, construction is due to start in September 2024, with the station becoming operational in 2026.

Last edited:
Dynamite! Moving staff from hotels to rented accommodation is a step up. I like the blatant use of a universal van too. UGB confirmed!

EDIT: just to say I’m really enjoying this whole ride regardless of outcome. Thanks all.

Me too, every time it goes quiet, something else happens.

I can just imagine the neighbours…

“Hey do you work for universal then?”

New resident: “I’ll confirm that by the end of the year”.

Reactions: xtpower
Could be something could be nothing, Stewartby & Kempston Hardwick Parish Council have a Universal Studios update on their agenda for June 20th.

Anyone going? I won’t be able to.

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Stewartby & Kempston Hardwick Parish Council to be held at the Dave Law Sports Pavilion, Park Crescent, Stewartby on THURSDAY 20TH JUNE 2024 at 6.30 pm.
Members of the Public/Press can join the meeting. Please refer to Agenda Item 4 for guidance on public/press participation.“

Anyone going? I won’t be able to.

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Stewartby & Kempston Hardwick Parish Council to be held at the Dave Law Sports Pavilion, Park Crescent, Stewartby on THURSDAY 20TH JUNE 2024 at 6.30 pm.
Members of the Public/Press can join the meeting. Please refer to Agenda Item 4 for guidance on public/press participation.“
When Bedford Council received reports earlier this year of Universal updates they did so behind closed doors, excluding public or press interest. I suspect Universal would request any news of significance would be treated in commercial confidence until they were ready to proceed to a public announcement.

This is just a universal film production van, I've seen these numerous times all over the UK, this is nothing to do with UGB. In fact, there's about 10 parked up near me at the moment as they're filming a new Netflix series in my town.
That could potentially be it but I assume they don’t have Universal Destination and Experiences branded vans over here yet.

So it’s entirely possible they could be borrowing this van from another area of the business, even if it is branded productions.

And what other reason would they have to be outside a house so close to the proposed site, unless I see camera crews I’m personally going to associate it with the park. Seems like a bit of a coincidence.

It would be a massive coincidence. This is a few hundred yards from the site, and Wixams is a cookie cutter estate - no real reason to be there vs any one of a hundred other sites. They potentially could be filming some material for the project if not moving a person.

I thought the Instagram post said “spotted moving into a house” so I’m guessing they literally were seen with 80l tubs.

That could potentially be it but I assume they don’t have Universal Destination and Experiences branded vans over here yet.

So it’s entirely possible they could be borrowing this van from another area of the business, even if it is branded productions.

And what other reason would they have to be outside a house so close to the proposed site, unless I see camera crews I’m personally going to associate it with the park. Seems like a bit of a coincidence.
Multibillion dollar multinational company is moving key staff to a new location for a multibillion pound investment and they do it in a borrowed van to save a few quid rather than use a professional moving company? Have to say I'm not persuaded.

Reactions: Ludus
Overheard someone yesterday saying their relatives in Manor Road keep getting approached by Universal to buy their house. So it sounds as if they are still trying to buy up properties.
Wonder if there will be many hold-outs, either who genuinely do not want to move or are hoping for better offers from the company. For me I'd be more than happy to move if they paid a nice premium over market rates as I would not want to be literally surrounded by massive development work over many years.

Reactions: IzzyB and Jake S