Universal is CRAZY busy right now | Inside Universal Forums

Universal is CRAZY busy right now

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 4, 2011
Vero Beach FL
Spent the last Sunday and Monday at the parks, thankfully we stayed at royal pacific so we had the express, but it was unreal how busy it was. Now I am a former Orlando resident and I have been at the parks at what I thought were the highest peak times, fourth of July and Christmas and my experience yesterday Monday was the busiest I have ever seen. 120 minute wait for minions, which can be explained, but 80 minutes for both Men In Black and Simpsons? Even the express on MIB and the Mummy were overflowing outside their respected buildings. Any explanation on this one?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Welcome to the first week of the school holidays!

Schools over here have been out since the beginning of June but im sure you must mean over in the UK. Not sure if that is the reason or if the busy summer season is just now kicking into full gear

Yeah it's the first week here, I'm just aggravated because when I leave work today the train will be full of kids!

It seems overall Orlando July attendance has rebounded from last summer. WDW lines are also pretty long, at least according to Touring Plans. I realize that actual attendance & lines are not necessarily the same, but they are decent indicators. Diagon is still new enough it's probably driving attendance throughout all of Orlando. And, the economy keeps rebounding, plus no World Cup this year. At least that's my guesses. Emphasis on the word "guesses". :)

Hows the Euro to dollar doing these days and is it cheaper to fly over this year? Wonder if that is playing a part.

Do you see a difference in the types of crowds you see versus in the past. more tour groups, more families type of thing?

The GBP is pretty good now compared to 6 months ago. I think Greece has broken the Euro!, I can get much more Euros for my Pound than this time last month.

I'd say any increase is probably still from South America, while their growth is slowing a little, they still have a low cost of living and lots of disposable cash!

Definitely a lot of visitors from other countries. Ran into some pretty large groups as well, forget selfie sticks I really wish someone would outlaw all the loud annoying singing through the park and on rides.

Reactions: anihilnation
Definitely a lot of visitors from other countries. Ran into some pretty large groups as well, forget selfie sticks I really wish someone would outlaw all the loud annoying singing through the park and on rides.
Chanting and Cheerleading are my personal pet peeves!

Saw a young girl get dropped onto the raised flower beds by the Restrooms by TestTrack.

Read on Magic yesterday that some people actually saw Disney CM's telling tour groups to cease their chanting the past few weeks. I hope this is true and a trend. We got line jumped by a huge South American group at Universal last year pushing past us to get into the Hogsmeade Station. TM's were great about it though. They gave us special entrance through the handicapped access area to make up for it. I hadn't complained but the TM's saw it and did that on their own initiative. Kudos to the Universal staff.

Interesting to hear Universal is so busy because Disney hasn't been nearly as busy as they expected...they've dropped blockouts on CM passes to try to get more people through the doors.

Guess that's what happens when you spend your money on wristbands instead of attractions.

Universal is still up percentage wise compared to last year...that's impressive as heck considering at this time last year they opened a HUGE expansion! They're on a roll, the gains they are making are way bigger than I would've expected a whole year after Diagon.
That being said, ^, no, Disney is still packed as ever. They eliminated CM blackouts but it's not because they're desperately trying to get more bodies through the gates. Isn't MK actually hitting 10-level crowds like every day lol?

Universal is still up percentage wise compared to last year...that's impressive as heck considering at this time last year they opened a HUGE expansion! They're on a roll, the gains they are making are way bigger than I would've expected a whole year after Diagon.
That being said, ^, no, Disney is still packed as ever. They eliminated CM blackouts but it's not because they're desperately trying to get more bodies through the gates. Isn't MK actually hitting 10-level crowds like every day lol?
The MK has been very busy. DHS and Epcot, not so much.

MK has been busy (it ALWAYS is), but nowhere near capacity and thousands less than the projections for many days. That is why CM blockout dates have been lifted there.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Read on Magic yesterday that some people actually saw Disney CM's telling tour groups to cease their chanting the past few weeks. I hope this is true and a trend.

Yeah I've seen CMs who are loading and assigning seats make them stop chanting and it's the greatest thing to witness

tumblr_n1lnd5mqu91rbrg5uo1_500.gif

Disney has lifted CM blackouts and even Seasonal pass blackouts in the past when attendance was softer than expected. Sky didn't fall and MK was still the highest attended park in the world.

What kind of percentage increases & daily average crowd sizes have you heard?