Universal Monsters | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Monsters

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 6, 2013
Scotland
So I'm a bit of a Universal Monsters nut - I was recently wandering through Universal Studios and did my usual visit to the Creature fountain at Cafe La Bamba and pursing the interior of the Monster Cafe. It got me thinking about old Universal, there was a much bigger monsters presence in the park

I was wondering if you guys have any Monster memories at the park from the old days or even any photos of monsters, any merchandise or displays from the park?

Please do share!

Reactions: belloq87
One thing I do appreciate about Universal Hollywood... even though they axed the House of Horrors, the Universal monster walk-around characters are on daily rotation. You'll see Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, and The Mummy wandering around the main street. Frankenstein's Monster will often appear in the "Nighttime Studio Tour" when passing the Court of Miracles set, too.

It's not much, but it's at least something. Beetlejuice and Doc Brown are there every day, too.

So I'm a bit of a Universal Monsters nut - I was recently wandering through Universal Studios and did my usual visit to the Creature fountain at Cafe La Bamba and pursing the interior of the Monster Cafe. It got me thinking about old Universal, there was a much bigger monsters presence in the park

I was wondering if you guys have any Monster memories at the park from the old days or even any photos of monsters, any merchandise or displays from the park?

Please do share!
2 dreams I have for the Universal parks....1. That a monster themed land exists one day
2. That a Great Movie Ride type attraction exists with a heavy emphasis on the Monsters
3. That a Monster float is added to an overall Universal Studios parade one day

I used to love spending much time in the Horror Make-up museum when I was a kid, seeing all the displays...Heck, I still wonder in there all the time

Black Lagoon is my favorite on btw, Love that fountain

Please do share!

I'm very much a fellow Universal Monsters nut. The Cafe and the Horror Makeup Show are pretty much the last places left in the park with any emphasis on them. I snapped a couple photos in the Makeup Show's waiting area on my last trip...

Phantom.jpg

Lugosi.jpg

Monster.jpg

In terms of merchandise, The Film Vault had a pretty decent selection of Monsters items when I was last there, but I don't know how frequently the inventory changes or gets swapped out.

Though I have no photographic evidence to back me up, I definitely recall several shops in the mid-1990s were stocked with seemingly the entire line of VHS re-releases Universal put out under the "Universal Studios Monsters Classic Collection," and I also remember they were selling shirts with this logo on them...
munecos-universal-monster-bendables-wolfman-y-frankenstein-4146-MLA2663982486_052012-O.jpg

Reactions: Mad Dog
i don't have any Monsters memories to add, but the Monster's Cafe got me to watch "This Island Earth", which is now in the regular rotation. So that was awesome. :)

Reactions: Mad Dog