Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal moving on from Biometric Lockers

May 7, 2016
According to the Team Member website their trying to improve guests experience by eliminating biometrics in the lockers. So could this mean their moving towards the Hulk roller coaster lockers system which you just scan your park ticket to gain access to a locker?

According to the Team Member website their trying to improve guests experience by eliminating biometrics in the lockers. So could this mean their moving towards the Hulk roller coaster lockers system which you just scan your park ticket to gain access to a locker?

That actually would make sense, would make me interested if Mummy will be the first attraction outside of Hulk then for that happening, considering the move to an indoor environment.

I hope not. The more I have to pull out my AP the more likely I am to lose it.

Hopefully printing a high quality scan and laminating it will work.

Losing a small plastic card on a ride is easy. If you lose your finger print on a ride you'd be having much more serious problems than getting your items out of a locker.
Why on Earth do they feel the need to do this? The fingerprint scanners are amazing, the only problems are the tight spaces where the lockers are.

Losing a small plastic card on a ride is easy. If you lose your finger print on a ride you'd be having much more serious problems than getting your items out of a locker.
Why on Earth do they feel the need to do this? The fingerprint scanners are amazing, the only problems are the tight spaces where the lockers are.
This is a longshot but maybe the tapu tapu will be coming to Universal and Islands now

You can buy your ticket on your phone and scan it at the entrance, so how would "scan your ticket" work for those lockers then?
This is just speculation but they can maybe issue paper tickets out for those who purchase on the phone. For example you get to a ride that has a locker the TM will give you a ticket. You scan your ticket select the locker you want and you keep doing this for each ride. So the ticket can reusable so you don’t have to get a new one each time.

Aww I hope not. I like the biometric lockers. Sure they might not be the cleanest thing but you're not going to lose a finger. Or maybe just go with a 6 digit code like the lockers you can rent at the front of the park but that might be more time consuming for a ride.

I'm okay with this! It never fails I'm behind someone who can't remember what finger they used.

I don't like the Hulk lockers; no loose objects and then you are forced to carry one. I also find it annoying they don't tell you how long the rental is for, I often wonder, can I go a second time on the ride, or do I have to re-rent a locker? I also feel less secure using the barcode lockers, even though I know no one would have the same barcode as me.

I don't like the Hulk lockers; no loose objects and then you are forced to carry one. I also find it annoying they don't tell you how long the rental is for, I often wonder, can I go a second time on the ride, or do I have to re-rent a locker? I also feel less secure using the barcode lockers, even though I know no one would have the same barcode as me.
I agree, the Hulk lockers are awful