Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IT IS TIME!

Seriously, this is awesome news to start the day. Like others I feel this will be a look into the future, starting with what's about to come, and finish with Fantastic Worlds. Naturally I'll be keeping my expectations in check, but I do feel this is the big one we've been waiting for!

Also, bold move to have this presentation a couple weeks before D23. A rising tide raises all ships, and a flash flood in the form of a new park could lead to some awesome stuff jumpstarted (and/or announced) by the house of mouse.

If something happens for 22 I’m expecting it to be something like SLoP or Dreamworks theater or something

Yeah, that seems more likely. In that case, if they're doing an overview of the next four years:

2019: Bourne Stunt Show to open in Late Fall
2020: More details on Dockside, Volcano Bay Expansion
2021: Jurassic World at IoA, with the unannounced Intamin coaster and Jurassic World: The Ride
2022: Illumination Dark Ride replacing Shrek 4D at USF (I'm leaning towards SLoP just because it would be easier to clone and replicate)
2023: Fantastic Worlds

Reactions: Bulldog45
My predictions:
  1. Bourne announced, coming in time for the holiday season. Concept art shown off.
  2. Volcano Bay expansion announced, coming next year. Two major slides. No concept art, just an announcement.
  3. Jurassic World expansion/land revamp for Islands of Adventure announced. Single piece of concept art for the coaster, nothing shown of River Adventure.
  4. Fantastic Worlds/Site B announced. Models shown of one or two of the lands, and a large piece of concept art similar to the one they showed off for Universal Studios Beijing (below) is put online. Maybe we get a full model of the resort, but I doubt it.

Oooooooo Pokemon has to be coming. I think we get all FW info. All the lands, all the models, some attraction info, and planned opening date.

..part of me, could actually see it. Especially given the shorter timeframe as opposed to IOA in construction timelines.

Part of me is also wondering if they might do the groundbreaking ceremony on Thursday, considering they did a groundbreaking ceremony for Beijing to just start the work altogether (not even the park started at the groundbreak).

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.