Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, and I'm sure it is going to be awesome but this single piece of art doesn't get me excited. It's just an observation.
I guess it’s still so far away from opening they don’t want to give too much specific information away too early. We all have an exciting few years of discussion ahead!

It lines up with EVERYTHING I have heard though. Actually has more than I had heard about. I think this is some pretty accurate art, at least as far as the lands go.
Exciting! Thanks for all your super info as always.

(This is not an attempt to spark a Disney VS Universal debate)

With all the upcoming Disney attractions opening, perhaps Uni is waiting to release info at the time of these events.

Galaxy's Edge - SNW
Mickey's Railway - Classic Monsters
Guardians - Fantastic Beasts
etc etc etc

If you are able to view the concept art from the Universal Blog on a desktop, do it. It's SO CLEAR.

So just to be clear, the only thing that was announced was the fact they are building a new park/resort and the name of it? No opening date or any info on their current projects at USF or IOA?
That's pretty accurate, though they also gave us the logo. Many of us were guessing this is all we would get. But that concept art tells us a lot:

Unofficial confirmations:
  • 4 lands + 1 hub + hotel.
  • Spacing of lands (expansion pads separated each)
  • Hub contains rides
  • Hub theme can be guessed (space/universe/astronomy)
  • Pretty clear indications of lands

That's pretty accurate, though they also gave us the logo. Many of us were guessing this is all we would get. But that concept art tells us a lot:

Unofficial confirmations:
  • 4 lands + 1 hub + hotel.
  • Spacing of lands (expansion pads separated each)
  • Hub contains rides
  • Hub theme can be guessed (space/universe/astronomy)
  • Pretty clear indications of lands
That bottom one though. At the very least, Nintendo and Monsters are very obvious on that concept art.

I think it’s fair to say that 99% of people on this forum expected more than just ‘here’s what we’re calling the park’. I’m excited of course, just don’t think the announcement is epic.
Universal's announcement is basically what all the prominent IU Insiders (Disneyhead, Alicia, Joe) have been saying all week. A few people didn't want to believe that, expounded on their views, and some jumped on the hype bandwagon... Lesson; Have confidence in our key Insiders. They generally have a pretty good understanding of what's happening, except in the cases where Universal reverses course at the last minute.

Love the concept art. A lot of info can be gleaned from studying it. The old, a picture is worth a thousand words. Essentially five areas, since the hub is huge, themed & separate,and has attractions, added to the 4 areas outside the hub.

So it was a piece of concept art, and verification the state and city are working with them, meaning mass transit is likely a part of all this.

Wow, a bit of a letdown.

Just going to throw a contrarian observation out there:

While the park appears to be awesome; they could have fit almost all of this into their existing parks. There was enough dead weight at IoA and USF to hold 3 of these properties with ease (Nintendo in KZ, MoM at FFL, Berk at LC). Classic monsters is the only one that didn't have a home (although TL still needs help).
So in effect, they simply moved all of those projects we've been wanting over to the new park.

So why the new park instead of fixing the dead zones? This is certainly more about the long-game as well as creating an extra day to add to your ticket vs giving you extra things to do. Which, duh, that's what they should do.

What's really going to catapult this thing to the next level is if they get ROI and expand w/ more hotels and a water park and expansion lands; which is clearly the long-term plan.

My biggest takeaway is honestly that hub. It's absolutely stunning and very functional.

I’m glad that we got the info that we got even if it was underwhelming. My main disappointment comes from the presentation of the announcement. While it wasn’t made for mainstream public consumption, it was very dry, low energy, and bare bones. However I am just thankful for what we got.
Honestly I’m glad we didn’t get more because it’s already a little overwhelming imo.

Just going to throw a contrarian observation out there:

While the park appears to be awesome; they could have fit almost all of this into their existing parks. There was enough dead weight at IoA and USF to hold 3 of these properties with ease (Nintendo in KZ, MoM at FFL, Berk at LC). Classic monsters is the only one that didn't have a home (although TL still needs help).
So in effect, they simply moved all of those projects we've been wanting over to the new park.

So why the new park instead of fixing the dead zones? This is certainly more about the long-game as well as creating an extra day to add to your ticket vs giving you extra things to do. Which, duh, that's what they should do.

What's really going to catapult this thing to the next level is if they get ROI and expand w/ more hotels and a water park and expansion lands; which is clearly the long-term plan.

My biggest takeaway is honestly that hub. It's absolutely stunning and very functional.
I see where your coming from honestly in theory I think that’s pushing it a little. You will basically be shoehorning these properties in for the sake of it.

You will basically be shoehorning these properties in for the sake of it.

SNW was planned for KZ.
MoM in London is more recognizable.
LC to Berk (or Zelda) were the clear frontrunners

Not sure how those would've been shoehorned.

If LC gets Zelda, amazing. If KZ gets Pokemon, even better. The only issue for me with MoM at the new park is: what the hell do we do at FFL? That's a bigger concern in my eyes.

But that's another topic for another day. Let's just rejoice in this one :)

SNW was planned for KZ.
MoM in London is more recognizable.
LC to Berk (or Zelda) were the clear frontrunners

Not sure how those would've been shoehorned.

If LC gets Zelda, amazing. If KZ gets Pokemon, even better. The only issue for me with MoM at the new park is: what the hell do we do at FFL? That's a bigger concern in my eyes.

But that's another topic for another day. Let's just rejoice in this one :)
FFL ???

Status
Not open for further replies.