Universal Orlando Books? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Books?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I did one for myself actually, but covering all the Universal parks, not just Universal Orlando. I made a lot of research for two months and compiled all the info, pictures and artworks I got in this 140-pages book, then printed it on a large, deluxe format just to marvel at all the beautiful pictures.

Obviously, I don't have any rights on this so it's a personal gift (and pretty costly at that). But I would love Universal to release an official history book, the museum is a great step in the right path.

Here are a few pics :

Wow! That is EXCELLENT!! :rep: :cheers:

Hey, I just discovered this thread. Wow grandmath, that photo book looks awesome!
My Universal guide (2014 edition now available, plug plug) doesn't have much history & construction. But my friend Sam Gennawey (author of Walt & the Promise of Progress City and The Unofficial Guide's Disneyland Story) is working on one about Universal history right now! Keep an eye out later this year...

I've actually been meaning to get your book for a while. Good reminder :thumbs:
Awesome news on the book about the history of Universal!! It is way overdue and I'm really looking forward to it! Please keep us updated! :cheers:

If you search "Kubersky kindle" on Amazon you'll find my Disneyland book and some older editions of my universal books as ebooks. Unfortunately my publisher chose not to do a kindle version of the 2014 edition; it's out of my hands...

I just saw on Twitter that there's a new book about the history of Universal Orlando which was very recently published. I can't say how it is, as I haven't even read the free excerpt yet, but for those interested in checking it out:

Universal Orlando: The Unofficial Story
by Nick Sim
(who runs themeparktourist.com and @ThemeParkNews)

BTW, HERE is an interview with the author about the book.

Interesting. I'll have to download the sample and read it but it sounds like it's all information already out there pulled together into a book. Could be good though.

Interesting. I'll have to download the sample and read it but it sounds like it's all information already out there pulled together into a book. Could be good though.

That's what I was thinking, even reading the interview, but I think I'll still give it a try. I hope it's good, but regardless, we don't have many options for books on the history of UOR, so... :shrug:

BTW, I recently got Universal Orlando 2014: The Ultimate Guide by Seth Kubersky and I'm looking forward to reading that pretty soon!

And I'm very anxious to hear more about the other book about UOR's history that is in the works! Any news from your friend Seth?

That's what I was thinking, even reading the interview, but I think I'll still give it a try. I hope it's good, but regardless, we don't have many options for books on the history of UOR, so... :shrug:

BTW, I recently got Universal Orlando 2014: The Ultimate Guide by Seth Kubersky and I'm looking forward to reading that pretty soon!

And I'm very anxious to hear more about the other book about UOR's history that is in the works! Any news from your friend Seth?

I read the sample, it wasn't bad...I know I've read some of it before; some of it was lifted right from that article on the history of Kongfrontation that had some brief USF history as well in it. http://www.totallyfuncompany.com/kongmedia/articles/kingkongarticle.htm

I might just go ahead and pay the $6-7 to get the Kindle version of the book anyway.

Well I read it (free if you have Amazon Prime and a Kindle device)..it's just ok. Some of the stuff I already knew, but a lot of it also seems like it's actually describing the rides/areas of the parks and telling you little "secrets" that you might already know as filler. It had some history but I felt like I knew most of what I read already and didn't really learn much of anything new from it. It was enough to get me hyped to visit the park though (even though I just visited this weekend). :doggie: And ride some rides that aren't there anymore :lol:

But yeah...maybe it's just me but IMO I don't really recommend it.

Last edited:
I just saw on Twitter that there's a new book about the history of Universal Orlando which was very recently published. I can't say how it is, as I haven't even read the free excerpt yet, but for those interested in checking it out:

Universal Orlando: The Unofficial Story
by Nick Sim
(who runs themeparktourist.com and @ThemeParkNews)

Read the free sample: I think this is the perfect book for Universal Orlando history. Every other book is a touring guide or history of all of Universal movie studios, etc. But this is finally what I wanted. A book on UO history. I learned plenty, never knew so much about Kong and Jaws.

Last edited:
Read the free sample: I think this is the perfect book for Universal Orlando history. Every other book is a touring guide or history of all of Universal movie studios, etc. But this is finally what I wanted. A book on UO history. I learned plenty, never knew so much about Kong and Jaws.

Yeah the early chapters were better and I did learn a few things, but I also read a lot of stuff I've seen in other articles. But it is good I guess to have it all compiled together. And yes, it is free on the Kindle Lending Library!