Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Price Increases (General)

I did some sums recently and it was $1,100 for car plus insurance plus parking for 14 days . Uber is looking at roughly $5-700, depending on whether you can use Disney buses or not, for the same period. Obviously depends how much hopping around you do as well.

This was when Disney wasn’t charging for parking at their hotels. I got the car pretty cheap too.

With Disney now charging, it will probably be more expensive for a car.

I have walked many miles to avoid parking and car charges. Time is money and I have time plus I can argue universal vacations are actually a way for me to lose weight. For families with kids that get tired it sucks tho.

If customer parks at Surf/dockside, drives to UOR do you pay twice! or would $26 cover both?

I think WDW you only pay once, but granted they have way more land for parking (have always stayed offsite so do not know)
Grand scheme of things, Universal absolutely does not want non-hotel guest to park at the hotels (see visitor rates at Aventura for instance).

Also, staying on site is only like $17 a night, unless something has drastically changed that I don't know about

Coming from the UK with the crappy exchange rate and increase in parking prices, the parking charge is now 3x what it was in 2012.

That is ridiculous.

We just visited for 14 days and it was cheaper upgrading one of our tickets to AP than it was to pay parking. Included valet parking which was handy, plus some of the other perks

Seriously hope the exchange rate improves soon :thud:

I have walked many miles to avoid parking and car charges. Time is money and I have time plus I can argue universal vacations are actually a way for me to lose weight. For families with kids that get tired it sucks tho.
Where do you park?

The last time I had a pass, power included free parking. Now that it's only half off, I'm considering just going with the cheapest option and finding the right place to walk from or Uber.

Where do you park?

The last time I had a pass, power included free parking. Now that it's only half off, I'm considering just going with the cheapest option and finding the right place to walk from or Uber.
I downgraded to the seasonal pass. cheapest option is pretty much it. What I do is priceline/hotwire the hotels in the universal resort area (the hotels just east of universal). Got the Hyatt suites for 75 a night once, comfort in for like 55 with tax a few trips. I could have gotten the double tree one time for 70 per night but the parking killed it. I did get the best western by wet and wild a few times for about 55 per night but that was when parking was free on power pass and a bit of a far walk. They have a partner shuttle though.

A lot of times you will end up with a partner hotel on the express/hot rates as long as it is rated a 7+ that have some shuttles. Even with a few ubers if you are trying to budget it is worth it. I started going to universal because I figured with the season pass, cheap flights from the northeast, cheap but ok hotels, and planning I could do 4 day trips for about $700 twice a year solo and even less with guests all inclusive.

This was when Disney wasn’t charging for parking at their hotels. I got the car pretty cheap too.

With Disney now charging, it will probably be more expensive for a car.
You always paid for parking at Disney hotels. In the end someone has to pay for the keep up of that area. The hotel prices always reflected that (unlike Universal hotels).

You always paid for parking at Disney hotels. In the end someone has to pay for the keep up of that area. The hotel prices always reflected that (unlike Universal hotels).

I think there’s a difference between it being included in the room rate and being two separate payments.

I still think it’s a shady tactic by all hotels.

Because it was always included in the price (when it was so called "complentery").
The price of the rooms didn't go down after they charged for parking so you pay double.

Or.

They broke out the price of parking and increased all the room rates proportionally.

It's certainly an odd move to increase ticket prices now with all the travel uncertainty due to the Coronavirus.

I don't really see a relationship/connection between the two.

If people aren't going to visit because of travel fears due to Coronavirus, price of park tickets IMO will have zero impact on that decision.

Life goes on. When it comes down to it there will always be people traveling and going to the parks unless they are asked to close. I just keep thinking back to 9/11 and while some people stayed away, there were still people going to the parks.

Life goes on. When it comes down to it there will always be people traveling and going to the parks unless they are asked to close. I just keep thinking back to 9/11 and while some people stayed away, there were still people going to the parks.
Yeah, that was a perfect storm...Universal had just finished its biggest expansion in its history and marketed it terribly haha

Add in a tourism drop and it was just rough...But people still showed up