Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be clear that this is an entirely subjective statement.
EPCOT remains a favorite Orlando area theme park to most and is still considered one of the greatest theme parks in the world.
It's a beautiful park, but I find myself getting bored there very quickly. It's even difficult to find something to use your fastpasses on once you're past your Tier One "single" choice between Test Track & Soarin. I really enjoy the Garden Festival. But, I attended the Food & Wine Festival this year for the first time and in my opinion it's greatly over rated. It wasn't any better than the International Village Festivals that we've been having here in the Pittsburgh area for the past 50 years or so. Just more spread out.

Kirkman's median seems larger and has easier interchanges to cross. It's also more of a straight shot between the two areas. It does bypass the Wet n wild plot though, so I'm not sure that would be a good option.

agree

3 parks and a water park turns Universal into a true week long resort destination
longer stay, more money spent for food and hotels

im actually a DVC owner and i could see myself staying and going to universal
pretty exciting times

i did like the idea on the podcast about a central transportation hub in between the two sites

Maybe we have UVC coming soon! :stun:

I can't argue with the fact that Eisner destroyed the park and made it cheap. They could do a lot more with the park and should. But it doesn't change the fact that even my mother said she got bored at the park and didn't torture us kids with it every year we went. Many people I talk to say the same thing. They love the places to eat and the few select things to do, but overall prefer the other 3 parks. Epcot makes money because of their great places to eat. Tying into that they create great events. But the rides and things to do in the park are just not there.

My family and most everyone we knew were the complete opposite. It was my very favorite park even as young as 2-4-years-old. Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean a damn thing.

Just imagine that...

!!!!!

Reactions: twebber55
I don't think EPCOT has ever fallen out of second place in attendance in Florida...and that wasn't entirely due to the festivals IMO

Why do you think F&G got extended to 90 days?

I like the event and all but it's a little weird that Epcot's 2nd biggest event runs almost twice as long as their most popular.

If Universal does build a monorail, I can definitely see them doing what they did for the Hogwart's Express and make it all screens so you don't see the less themed parts of I-Drive.
Honestly, I can't see them doing that. The Hogwarts Express is a ride that happens to transport you. The monorail has to be a transport that happens to be a ride of sorts. They need something that is efficient and can pack a lot of people. The "show" would be miserable and compromised for anybody crammed in there.

Reactions: greendude33
I think the monorail would be more of an avenue to promote comcast properties than a show. Have the walls be screens and can show clips of movies, NBC stuff, advertise things to do in the resort. Stuff like that.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I could see that happening. I'd be really curious about legislation behind all of that. As a mass transit system (as opposed to a ride?), it seems like you'd have certain rules to follow. But, that's way, way, way far away.

Honestly, I can't see them doing that. The Hogwarts Express is a ride that happens to transport you. The monorail has to be a transport that happens to be a ride of sorts. They need something that is efficient and can pack a lot of people. The "show" would be miserable and compromised for anybody crammed in there.
I could see having transparent lcd screens over the windows, certain times you could look out and it could even superimpose things to point out things to you then certain times it could block the view and give advertisements for the resort.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Status
Not open for further replies.