Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This had to be the first the iteration with Tooniversal Studios and the Warner Bros. characters. No?

Probably. IoA is a little bit smaller there too, with a lake where Dueling Dragons would go. Kind of reminds me of Magic Kingdom with the layout.

It's also more of a 'what goes where' than the specifics. Everything that wasn't built yet is at least a little bit different... including all of the hotels.

And there is some stuff on the expansion plot between MiB and The Simpsons, connecting a loop through Kiz Zone. Ah... maybe that is the BTTF roller coaster HTF was referring to in the stash? It eats into the space where MiB is now, so it would have been a smaller attraction there. As well as another building on the right side.

Last edited:
This had to be the first the iteration with Tooniversal Studios and the Warner Bros. characters. No?

That is correct

0fd900734d8caec9c774bd8e6fe692e9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also in that plan JP would of been where MIB sits now :thumbs:

It is funny how this topic came up today in The Stash. It appears that Universal has acquired Wet 'n Wild property today from its 2 owners.

http://www.parkscope.net/2013/06/universal-acquires-wet-and-wild-in-full.html

Since parkscope found the legal documents but mentioned they are not trained in property law (I am)... I put together this quick and dirty map showing what exactly Universal just got their hands on. They (Universal Studios Water Parks Florida LLC) now own everything within the yellow borders (notice they are not all contiguous) and the blue lines and numbers refer to the separate parcel numbers you will see in the deeds.

wetnwildpropmap.jpg

Reactions: ReelJustice
Since parkscope found the legal documents but mentioned they are not trained in property law (I am)... I put together this quick and dirty map showing what exactly Universal just got their hands on. They (Universal Studios Water Parks Florida LLC) now own everything within the yellow borders (notice they are not all contiguous) and the blue lines and numbers refer to the separate parcel numbers you will see in the deeds.

Thanks Gator, mind if I add it to my post on Parkscope?

wetnwildpropmap.jpg

Can we use this on Parkscope?

I know they could probably use a (better) water park for their resort but I'd really like to see something else besides that. Just me anyway... now go acquire more land and start building! I wonder if they could build a new park at the rate they built Transformers..

Well, gator got on this before I did (watching some weird TV selections, so I've been captivated by the Holy Grail and other odd things :lol: ), and covered the relevant parcels. I'll do some diligence on a few other parcels of interest over the next few days and get back with anything significant.

The acreage of all the land bought today is 51 acres +/-. If they were to redevelop this land, I imagine they would want to vacate that segment of Precision Drive that goes between two of the parcels which would add another acre.

Since the city is already buying a new pedestrian bridge at Cabana... how long until Universal convinces them to build one over Universal Blvd. at the Wet n Wild property?

The acreage of all the land bought today is 51 acres +/-. If they were to redevelop this land, I imagine they would want to vacate that segment of Precision Drive that goes between two of the parcels which would add another acre.

Since the city is already buying a new pedestrian bridge at Cabana... how long until Universal convinces them to build one over Universal Blvd. at the Wet n Wild property?

I personally think they're not done buying land in this area.

I just dont like how the highway separates W&W with the resort. I think W&W is tacky and needs to get bulldozed.

Status
Not open for further replies.