Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it exactly. They say "well if you let us build this, we'll be investing billions of dollars in Orange County which will bring in millions a year in tax revenues, or we don't. Your choice."

I'm guessing there is also some legal groundwork in place for a transportation system down Universal Blvd. from all of the original master planning in the mid-90s.

I'm guessing there is also some legal groundwork in place for a transportation system down Universal Blvd. from all of the original master planning in the mid-90s.
That's always been my assumption is that when they carved Universal Boulevard out of the middle of the property and gave it to the County that would have been part of the deal.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT

That's always been my assumption is that when they carved Universal Boulevard out of the middle of the property and gave it to the County that would have been part of the deal.

Yeah, I get confused when people bring up I-drive. Not that I know the area all that well, but I have stayed near the area and I took Universal Blvd to the parks each day. I have not driven I-drive much, but after once or twice getting on it near WnW, I just have no desire to ever drive or stay anyplace on that road for it is just too hectic for my taste!

Yeah, I get confused when people bring up I-drive. Not that I know the area all that well, but I have stayed near the area and I took Universal Blvd to the parks each day. I have not driven I-drive much, but after once or twice getting on it near WnW, I just have no desire to ever drive or stay anyplace on that road for it is just too hectic for my taste!
I mentioned it because the area as a whole is the I-Drive District. Also, any non-bus transportation through the area will definitely follow Universal Boulevard because it was built for it. That doesn't include the very south portion of the district because Universal ends and it would follow Pointe Plaza Drive (or whatever it's called) to I-Drive. Then it would follow I-Drive anywhere more South than there, such as OCCC.

I mentioned it because the area as a whole is the I-Drive District. Also, any non-bus transportation through the area will definitely follow Universal Boulevard because it was built for it. That doesn't include the very south portion of the district because Universal ends and it would follow Pointe Plaza Drive (or whatever it's called) to I-Drive. Then it would follow I-Drive anywhere more South than there, such as OCCC.
Universal Blvd. goes all they way past the 528 south of the OCCC. It would only cross I Drive at WnW.

that would add a good chunk of land and it wouldn't cost Comcast much as there are a lot of federal/state incentives to clean up that land...it does make me curious about the other plots in the front right across from the convention center if they have starting trying to purchase those plots as well.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm misreading, but I don't see anywhere that say that Universal owns that or is trying to buy it. This could very well be someone else trying to capitalize on Universal's expansion plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.