Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you, but then how does La Nouba continue to survive? What is the difference?

The Cirque du Soleil name is big and it must have an important impact. Just like Blue Man Group. Also, La Nouba only runs 5 days a week, which I would think helps keep it cost effective to run.

Aren't there around 6 to 8 different Circus de Soleil shows in Vegas these days. I do not see why Orlando couldn't support two (with the number of visitors that come through Orlando). I assume when they design a show, it is the show they give exclusivity to....I can't imagine they would limit themselves to only one show in any city.

I just think they are great at designing shows (with unique sets/stages) that have great staying power and the Circus de Soleil name has world wide recognition/appeal.

Anyway, if it were up to me and I had the $ and facilities, I think I would at least approach them about a show to house.

I would love another Cirque show in Orlando, and more so if were to be at UOR, but I don't know how that, or any other show would work alongside BMG. I think more than one show could start to become unsustainable whether at UOR with Blue Man Group or at WDW with La Nouba.

Now, if UOR put a CdS show within its theme park gates, I would see that EVERY time I'm there. Cirque collaborated with SeaWorld and it would be great if UOR could do a collab with Cirque for an in-park show. I'm sure it would be an amazing attraction!

What about a the Michael Jackson show that Cirque does; it would attract guests and I think merchandise would do well...???

Cirque is popular yes but its not going to get people in the park. The fact that they can see a Cirque show now just about anywhere kinda took away the value of the show. Do they make money? Yes, they do. But if the goal is to be #1 nightlife area in central Florida, they are gonna have to be bigger and better which something fresh and not rely on name brands.

Cirque is popular yes but its not going to get people in the park. The fact that they can see a Cirque show now just about anywhere kinda took away the value of the show. Do they make money? Yes, they do. But if the goal is to be #1 nightlife area in central Florida, they are gonna have to be bigger and better which something fresh and not rely on name brands.

You couldn't pay me to sit through one of those Cirque performances. Some other show to compete with BMG would be good.

Cirque has been done to death, once you've seen one you've seen them all. If universal makes a show I don't think it'll be cirque. I don't think the company would backstab Disney like that and even if it was a cirque ripoff like cirque du dreams people would freak out that "universal is ripping off Disney again" garbage. BMG was a definite step in the right direction, they just gotta find something one step above it to make this new resort unique

Cirque has been done to death, once you've seen one you've seen them all. If universal makes a show I don't think it'll be cirque. I don't think the company would backstab Disney like that and even if it was a cirque ripoff like cirque du dreams people would freak out that "universal is ripping off Disney again" garbage. BMG was a definite step in the right direction, they just gotta find something one step above it to make this new resort unique

Agree 100%

The show would also have to not take away money from BMG otherwise they aren't expanding anything and making revenue. Thats the hardest thing though for them.

I think there are enough visitors coming to CityWalk to support two shows. That's what expansion is all about. BMG shouldn't be afraid of a little competition and Universal will make money with both shows in the long run.

The show would also have to not take away money from BMG otherwise they aren't expanding anything and making revenue. Thats the hardest thing though for them.
If it's two resorts I don't see the problem. There will always be one family staying at one resort while another one is staying at the other. Another thing is that shows like these require you to go out of your way to see it, not a rush ticket type of deal. If you are going to make the comitment to see blue man group after a day at the parks then I don't see why they can't do it at the other resort if a family wants to see another show

What I would really love to see at City Walk is a dance club that has a big band orchestra and is themed to the 30's/40's. But that may just be my tastes. I would also love a comedy club, and an original show would definitely get my attention.

^^^I place for swing dancing like Disneyland used to have (and I think still has in DTD) would be cool.

A comedy club is just nessisary. How many people that would bring in is ridiculous, especially if they have improv night. I also say yes to the dance club but I don't know about swing dancing. It would fit the theme but the adults and teens going in there to dance would just walk in like "....what?" swing dancing would be a great add on to a fancy resturant. Just like the olden days before the Hollywood tower hotel was struck by lightning

Add a super nice cafe/bookstore with poetry readings and open mics, you will have locals running in there. I don't think so much about the concert venue since they have the hard rock venue as part of citywalk.

Oh Universal's own better version of DisneyQuest would be good too.

I was just going to suggest the DisneyQuest for Universal right before I read this lol Such a great idea!

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't saying a video game themed area, even though the one in Japan does have Monster Hunter. I was saying something similar to a Disney Quest or even a Dave & Buster with laser tag for an expanded City Walk. It would be nice to have specifically themed ones like a hunt for Jaws as something like Pirates in Disney Quest. They may even be able to get local companies to develop and maintain them like N-Space or EA.

If you don't think there is a chance of them having any arcade games due to licensing, that is incorrect. Both parks and every resort has an arcade. I was just at SeaWorld on Saturday and was asked if there was a Dave & Busters nearby, so it could potentially draw an audience.

Universal themed interactive games with BTTF, JAWS and KING KONG sounds so friggin awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

not really, you see universal tried to sue nintendo when they made donkey kong because the name was too similar to king kong. even though that was 30 years ago, no way in hell are they going to make up for that. universal almost destroyed nintendo

- - - Updated - - -

I can see a arcade but definitely not a land or something as big as disney quest

Universal almost destroyed Nintendo? Don't you think that's a bit much? lol

How about a replacement for horrendous NBA city? I like the idea of a Horror or a Classic horror movies themed restaurant. Maybe with some interactive games or even a haunted house? People go literally nuts over HHN. Why not have a decent sized restaurant(with other elements) dedicated to something similar? Or even though it could be considered a rip off of Planet Hollywood, I think an overall movie/TV themed place like that could be A LOT more successful than a place like NBA city.

Universal themed interactive games with BTTF, JAWS and KING KONG sounds so friggin awesome!

I know something like this is on my dream expansion plan for Uni. They could get some key sponsors that would always be interested in showing off their latest and greatest
technologies. Like the E3 of interactive theme parks. I don't like to relate it to DisneyQuest because that is such a bad example. Universal needs to make the good example in Orlando :pray:

How about a replacement for horrendous NBA city? I like the idea of a Horror or a Classic horror movies themed restaurant. Maybe with some interactive games or even a haunted house? People go literally nuts over HHN. Why not have a decent sized restaurant(with other elements) dedicated to something similar? Or even though it could be considered a rip off of Planet Hollywood, I think an overall movie/TV themed place like that could be A LOT more successful than a place like NBA city.

I'm still down with this. It would be neat if it looked like Norman Bate's house or 1313 Mockingbird Lane. Could be another iconic house or castle, so many possibilities. Then turn Nascar into an all sports grill.

Last edited:
So I'm sure most of you are aware about the time warner/Comcast deal going on. So I took a look at what would be included with the Time Warner purchase and it includes all of HBO which means Universal may end up with first rights to Game of Thrones (i would geek out so bad), all of Cartoon Network, and does indeed include Warner Brothers studios which means DC comics and all the other stuff will become Comcast to use depending on the contract. Time Warner is the second largest entertainment conglemerate after Walt Disney Company. The merger would be the best things for the parks! The expansion capabilities alone would be enough for a fourth gate easily.

Universal almost destroyed Nintendo? Don't you think that's a bit much? lol

It definitely isn't. This was back when nintendo first started making video games (pre NES), they were poor as dirt and when universal was looking to sue the company was at stake. Thank god they had a awesome lawyer or we wouldn't be talking about video games today :lol:

So I'm sure most of you are aware about the time warner/Comcast deal going on. So I took a look at what would be included with the Time Warner purchase and it includes all of HBO which means Universal may end up with first rights to Game of Thrones (i would geek out so bad), all of Cartoon Network, and does indeed include Warner Brothers studios which means DC comics and all the other stuff will become Comcast to use depending on the contract. Time Warner is the second largest entertainment conglemerate after Walt Disney Company. The merger would be the best things for the parks! The expansion capabilities alone would be enough for a fourth gate easily.

Make sure not to mix-up "Time Warner Cable Inc." with "Time Warner Inc.", but it can get confusing because they are often both called "Time Warner" for short. The merger is with the cable company, which was split into a separate corporation a while back. The cable company does not own those brands, they are still owned by the former parent company.

Status
Not open for further replies.