Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 367 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So have we discussed the idea behind making these “single IP” lands feel fully-encompassing? Lots of indoor buildings in the permits... I wonder if that might be the trick here? Could a gigantic indoor theme park be the idea? Or am I just in dire need of more sleep?

I’m 26 years old. I haven’t watched an episode of spongebob in like 6 years. I would spend so much time and money if Uni built a spongebob area with a jelly fish fields dark ride or something and a glove world flat ride area and a real Krusty Krab.

For what it’s worth, I think it would be worth it to bring Nick into the parks. They’re starting to get into the nostalgia craze and nick was synonymous with Uni in the 90’s. It’s the only reason I knew Uni existed as a kid (the game shows).

I'd rather see Cartoon Network in the parks, but I get why people want to see Nickelodeon. The potential is immense with all of the properties, and Spongebob is one of the most iconic cartoons ever made.

The only major problem I have with Nickelodeon is the fact that two other parks currently use the IP in the United States, including one super close to NYC. That could cause tons of marketing problems, and the land wouldn't be as unique as I would want it to be.

I'd rather see Cartoon Network in the parks, but I get why people want to see Nickelodeon. The potential is immense with all of the properties, and Spongebob is one of the most iconic cartoons ever made.

The only major problem I have with Nickelodeon is the fact that two other parks currently use the IP in the United States, including one super close to NYC. That could cause tons of marketing problems, and the land wouldn't be as unique as I would want it to be.

Those are attached to malls though, and not exactly as dedicated theme park's though (The Mall of America and the upcoming American Dream location). I doubt it'd be that much of an issue for doing something that far down south.

That said, I'd rather want an expanded partnership of Warner Bros and Universal, bringing Looney Tunes and DC for Universal.

Reactions: jtsalien
So have we discussed the idea behind making these “single IP” lands feel fully-encompassing? Lots of indoor buildings in the permits... I wonder if that might be the trick here? Could a gigantic indoor theme park be the idea? Or am I just in dire need of more sleep?

Sorry to quote this again, but I pray to God that they don't build an indoor theme park. Those are the absolute worst, and can ruin the theming of the land. When I'm walking through SNW, I don't want to see a roof. I want to see the sky.

Also, what permits are you referring to? I don't think we have any permits for the new park yet.

I imagine they are intentionally adding some things like Knockturn Alley and coverings like Karkit Market...The Orlando parks really don't understand what shade is, and it's infuriating on a summer day

I imagine they are intentionally adding some things like Knockturn Alley and coverings like Karkit Market...The Orlando parks really don't understand what shade is, and it's infuriating on a summer day

-Glares at Toy Story Land-

In all seriousness, they'll probably have lots of areas like Knockturn Alley. If I remember correctly, the playgrounds for the Mushroom Kingdom portion of SNW were indoors, as well as certain small attractions. I imagine that they take that approach with the entire park, but there will still be lots of uncovered areas.

Reactions: shiekra38
So, probable updated timeline:
  • Harry Potter coaster, T2 replacement, VB expansion in 2019.
  • Jurassic World coaster, land retheme in 2020.
  • Pokémon land inside KidZone for 2021.
  • New resort in 2022.

So, probable updated timeline:
  • Jurassic World coaster, land retheme in 2020.
  • Pokémon land inside KidZone for 2021.
  • New resort in 2022.
Pokemon moved

I would amend and say

• Jurassic World coaster, land retheme in 2020, Kidzone Replacement.
  • Retheme of Land at IOA. 2021
  • New resort, Retheme of land at IOA, New Ride at Studios 2022

Last edited:
I don’t care for Pokemon. That being said. If universal doesn’t dedicate a larger piece of land for Pokemon they will have missed out on a big Pokemon community. Idk if it’s as large as Harry Potter. But there is differently a demand.

I don’t care for Pokemon. That being said. If universal doesn’t dedicate a larger piece of land for Pokemon they will have missed out on a big Pokemon community. Idk if it’s as large as Harry Potter. But there is differently a demand.
I think if Pokemon comes, it will follow the HP formula - you will at least see an E-Ticket ride, shop, and some kind of food offering

Status
Not open for further replies.