Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 388 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voodoo Doughnut doesn't have any stores nearby, either. It could just be an exclusive thing.

Voodoo is also a place to where it was tested in the Hollywood Citywalk with huge acclaim.

Pardon my DP here, but It's unfair to compare Voodoo to In-n-Out, because that you are dealing with one that has an already established presence in Hollywood, and one that doesn't have any basis in the Universal Citywalk's.

Voodoo is also a place to where it was tested in the Hollywood Citywalk with huge acclaim.

Pardon my DP here, but It's unfair to compare Voodoo to In-n-Out, because that you are dealing with one that has an already established presence in Hollywood, and one that doesn't have any basis in the Universal Citywalk's.

In-N-Out is also very persnickety about franchising.

My bad, I wasn't aware that it was previously in CityWalk Hollywood.

Voodoo Doughnut doesn't have any stores nearby, either. It could just be an exclusive thing.
In-N-Out has a strict requirement of processing their own meat within a certain range of their locations. This was one of the big hurdles they had to overcome to open in TX. It would be a costly endeavor for only one location. They also don't seem to be too into putting their locations into shopping centers/entertainment areas.

In-N-Out is also very persnickety about franchising.

I think it’s unlikely but in 4 years time, it could be possible as they slowly spread out across the south.

I think In-N-Out would be the biggest thing they could get and would easily be the biggest hit in CityWalk.

I think it’s unlikely but in 4 years time, it could be possible as they slowly spread out across the south.

I think In-N-Out would be the biggest thing they could get and would easily be the biggest hit in CityWalk.
I don’t think In-N-Out even allows franchising at all. They’re all family owned. Also while the fast casual burger thing has become popular, In-N-Out is really more in the fast food business. It doesn’t seem like it would be a good fit for something like a CityWalk type thing.

It's another fast-food kind of restaurant, but what about White Castle? They had a food truck over at Fun Spot a couple of months ago.
If they’re going to go the fast food route I would vote for either bringing Whataburger back to the area or Jack in the Box. I still don’t see fast food as a serious possibility for something like this. Where do you put the drive thru?

That's the opposite of niche, unless you meant to say generic? Beer gardens / halls have been the thing in cities all over North America for the past half-decade +

I have to agree. A big German beer hall is one of the most popular eateries even in the small, touristy Shore town of Asbury Park (full of bars and restaurants). I think the appeal is quite broad.

Reactions: Magic-Man
That's the opposite of niche, unless you meant to say generic? Beer gardens / halls have been the thing in cities all over North America for the past half-decade +

Xfinity Live! next to the Philly sports stadiums has a Beer Hall place run by Victory Brewing (of Downingtown, PA). Very fun and popular place on game days. I can see something like this fitting in nicely in CityWalk 2.0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.