Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I got University of Central Florida and Universal City Florida confused.

Please disregard my previous comment.

Yeah the UCF part threw me for a loop too.

I would think that this has to be the Doubletree, it makes too much sense for it not to be. I feel like if Universal has that one extra piece it will make the rest of that land far easier to get.

For the record, this doesn't mean anything. It's just an interesting observation.

Seth Kubersky did some digging apparently and said that Coqui may very well be a legit company. I'm sure he'll pop up and share what he found.
Sorry I'm late to the party. I really want this to be a Universal expansion, but it turns out Coqui and CCM Group have been around for about a decade doing shopping plazas in the DC area, plus Winter Park Village in Orlando. They could still be operating as a front for Uni, but they don't seem to just be a shell...

http://www.ccmgroupllc.com/sample_transactions/winter-park-village/

http://www.company-records.com/corporation/COQUI-DEVELOPMENT-COMPANY/85833

Reactions: Mad Dog
I am at an FDOT meeting right now. They are talking about the Grand National overpass now. There won't be much real estate left after that is complete.

Or they could purchase it, run it as a regular Loews Hotel for a few years until they purchase the rest of that land in that area, then bulldoze it to build a 3rd gate?

No matter what happens, I think it is pretty significant that they have put in writing their intention to acquire the "Adjacent Hotel" which really can't be anything other than the Doubletree.

good find

I am at an FDOT meeting right now. They are talking about the Grand National overpass now. There won't be much real estate left after that is complete.

Dang that was the one big question I had in the back of my head. I knew that was going to be a decent chunk of space to redirect just wasn't sure how much.

Yeah, I have been hoping Florida would drop those plans... here is the hack job:

I-4_Rendering_Kirkman_Labeled_422x240.jpg

Could north be possible too? Not sure how the neighborhoods are zoned or how zoning works in general.

Looking at the map, there is a lot of residential areas there so very doubtful. Dr. Phillips may be a tough get too because right to the side is more residential area. If this is gonna happen, it's either snatching up the properties surrounding Wet N Wild or acquiring the old Lockheed Martin plot.

Looking at the map, there is a lot of residential areas there so very doubtful. Dr. Phillips may be a tough get too because right to the side is more residential area. If this is gonna happen, it's either snatching up the properties surrounding Wet N Wild or acquiring the old Lockheed Martin plot.

Yea, those are really the only two possibilities IMO, the best being the Lockheed land just for the sake of it being relatively empty

Where is the old Lockheed Martin plot located? I'm still trying to get myself up to date on areas surrounding UO.

Area in yellow obviously the property Universal owns. Area in blue (to my best recollection) is the LM plot. It does include some area already used.

map_zpswunaugqw.png

Area in yellow obviously the property Universal owns. Area in blue (to my best recollection) is the LM plot. It does include some area already used.

map_zpswunaugqw.png

dang thats a bit off...but talk about massive property there.....turn Wet n' wild into a city walk type place that acts as middle ground for both areas

The peripherals of the property (Universal to Lockheed) are apx. the distance from Portofino Bay to Cabana Bay, not all that far. But, the downside is how do you get from Universal to Lockheed with that massive commercial & hotel district between the two? That's the big question.

The Lockheed Plot was partially used for the Convention Center as well as a hotel and apartments, but Universal Boulevard was built specifically to connect the two areas. I would have to guess that there may have been some provisions in the creation of Universal Boulevard giving Universal a right of way for some kind of transportation as part of it.

The Lockheed Plot was partially used for the Convention Center as well as a hotel and apartments, but Universal Boulevard was built specifically to connect the two areas. I would have to guess that there may have been some provisions in the creation of Universal Boulevard giving Universal a right of way for some kind of transportation as part of it.

I was just about to type the above. GAcoaster is exactly right.

Status
Not open for further replies.