Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to that article (and the linked forum), it will be a trackless dark ride with no screens and lots of AAs. Opening in 2017 at IOA and USH.

Where are these construction workers coming from? I am completely flabbergasted at this timeline. :jaw:

2017 is the timeline I heard, but is the only thing I can't wrap my head around. I would have thought moving this to 2018 would be smarter, but I guess they really want to make a statement in 2017 before Star Wars and Avatar open in WDW

Reactions: NJBrandon
A few days ago @SeventyOne was saying that they're pushing for Furious to open at the end of 2016, maybe it's so they can bring over construction workers?

That was very incorrect information.

On another note, hundreds of thousands of construction workers were laid off in 2007/2008. These were the zillions who were building thousands of homes and malls all over Florida. Universal couldn't begin to absorb the number of workers available. It is a management challenge to build everything, but nothing more.

So either in 2017 or 2018 we are getting SLOP in IOA? There once was talk of a trackless Lorax ride, could it be that idea is now being used for SLOP?
Am curious though, where in IOA would this be? Its own dedicated mini-island like Kong? Or part of a possible Toon lagoon overhaul?

Reactions: Macfr3ak
So either in 2017 or 2018 we are getting SLOP in IOA? There once was talk of a trackless Lorax ride, could it be that idea is now being used for SLOP?
Am curious though, where in IOA would this be? Its own dedicated mini-island like Kong? Or part of a possible Toon lagoon overhaul?
It's going to replace the Toon Lagoon Theater.

Reactions: Macfr3ak

The article did mention a replacement for Toon Lagoon. I don't think that will be happening for at least a few years though. It will probably just be its own mini-land until then.

2017 is the timeline I heard, but is the only thing I can't wrap my head around. I would have thought moving this to 2018 would be smarter, but I guess they really want to make a statement in 2017 before Star Wars and Avatar open in WDW

Hell, I thought it was far more distant than 2017... 2019 or 20. If it is that soon, then I have a better understanding of why a major decision was made within UC that I will never be able to discuss. Hm!

Status
Not open for further replies.