Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would only be for a water park or more resorts.

More parks is a bad idea, and everyone here and even at Universal knows it. They're not gonna duplicate Disney's mistakes. Especially not right now.

...is filled will all kinds of hotels, restaurants, and businesses....

Teebs is right, the only sizable vacant plot i see is a remote property about 4 miles south of the resort, North Northeast of Universal BLVD.

Actually, if something like this were to happen, I am saying that they will buy all of those businesses out or they will be evicted by the owner who is renting to them who will then sell the land. Same can happen both east or south. It would be impossible for Uni to pull a guaranteed buyout of northern or western schools and residences.

The big picture here is "who cares?". Wet'n Wild is nearby and yet I think of that as nothing more than a poor dirty cousin and unworthy of remark.

Just because the OP has had some missteps in the past doesn't completely invalidate the whole premise. Disneyhead isn't usually known for flying off the handle on stuff and he seems to at least put some stock in this. A water park using Wet N Wild's rides, but with themed up Universal style would be a very nice park indeed. Perhaps a 50's themed park playing off the Cabana Bay Hotel. I may be asking a ridiculous question here, simply because I just haven't seen it discussed, but what would stop them from trying to reacquire the Lockheed property? Has that already been developed? I live out of state, and don't really know. I don't think Disney has made a mistake in having so many parks, simply because multitudes of people will come to those parks just because it has the Disney mouse ears on the front gate. Now, they'll use up that good will currency eventually if they don't start stepping it up a notch, but for now the numbers don't lie. People come to Disney because it's Disney. Universal, as much as I love them, hasn't dented that yet. But unless it's moving the water park, or moving the backstage stuff so that IOA and Universal Studios can expand, I don't see much purpose in buying more land. Certainly not an all new park. I don't even know what the theme to it would be.

I don't think they're considering a new theme park. The water park plans are there. Everyone knows they're there. The question is whether they've been given the go ahead or not.

But let's say they build a massive water park on the 70 acre plot south of IoA, then they're done when it comes to resorts. That's all their land. Not to mention the growing need for back stage areas.

I think any land they look to acquire will be for a large resort, office/backstage space, and possibly employee parking.

The employee parking is a major concern I can't believe they haven't addressed yet.

- - - Updated - - -

The employee parking is a major concern I can't believe they haven't addressed yet.

Just throwing it out there but what about moving sections of employee services and back stage facilities to new land and building a water park between the two parks. Not saying anything just throwing it out there.

So...Yea...Uhh...take this in what sense thall wilt.

From Martin:

Gringotts Coaster
Hogworts Express
"Something else maybe" in IOA / Potter
Maybe Transformers
Something else a bit Mad in USF
Something else in USF
A family E in IOA
A new resort
A Waterpark
Major infrastructure improvements

And thats before a 3rd park. Did I miss anything?

I know you guys have mentioned new employee parking etc... for this new piece of land, well last I saw when I was there that giant piece of land in between MIB and Simpsons is a large parking lot and also host to multiple buildings. Could we perhaps see those uprooted and moved over for said "something else'"?? That would be my best bet along with whatever else they decide to throw into wherever they're buying

But they have addressed it. They've been re-doing the current Team Member parking lot for the past few months.. even demolishing a few buildings to expand the lot. They're close to finishing it, so hopefully that means they will no longer need the overflow parking lot.

Just for fun:

UniversalOrlandoExpansion1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.