Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the rumors are true and it looks like construction on a 5th hotel with start as soon as cabana is finished!!! Hopefully it's another "cheap" hotel like cabana. Exciting times, can't wait for the theme (look into the future anybody?)

The land was marked for a 800 room hotel. I would guess this will be another deluxe hotel and it will be connected to the water taxi system.

have you seen the artwork of the egyptian style hotel? Seriously a true work of art
EgyptDetail2.jpg

EgyptDetail2.jpg

Thanks for posting Dave, I was just about to go and search for this.

Do you know of any other hotel concepts from years past?

I think that plot of land is still possible for the egyptian theme. And it would be amazing IMO and blend in well in between the U.S. 50's theme and polynesian theme. Keep it going with exotic locations! Consider it an egyptian oasis :thumbs:

I think that plot of land is still possible for the egyptian theme. And it would be amazing IMO and blend in well in between the U.S. 50's theme and polynesian theme. Keep it going with exotic locations! Consider it an egyptian oasis :thumbs:

totally, they could also call the water taxi route the Nile river!!! Also please add a robotic imhotep to teach swimming lessons in the pool, that would be hilarious. "THE BREAST STROKE IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!!!"

Probably not to scale, but I say it could easily fit in, with easy connection to the water taxi (Oh and this is old concept for the project I found online...who knows if Uni will keep it the same if they ever decide to do it)

pprk2_zps8beb065c.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Any updates? Remote rumours of what that land is going to be used for?

"develop,own and operate another hotel on the Resort Property having up to 800 keys and approximately 150,000 gross square feet of meeting space to be located on the Fifth Hotel Site("Fifth Hotel")"

Also of note

"Phase II Hotels" shall mean the Fourth Hotel and, to the extent existing, the
Fifth Hotel and Sixth Hotel.

The park looks so different from how they planned it in the past...
UCF_ConceptMap.jpg

They replaced the Eygptian with the Royal Pacific.

Wow, I never saw that concept pic before. I remember the name being tossed around though....I'm guessing this would be from 1993-1994? It looks like Seuss land is there, along with what looks like MSHI on the left (but maybe it was the DC concept)...oddly, the center globe area reminds me of the entrance to DisneySea (also funny that both UO and DisneySea got very similar hotels built, Portofino and MiraCosta)

Well, I can think of two basic themes/ideas for a 3rd gate (WonderSea Island is separate)

1. Universal Classics (Maybe a showcase of film history - not too different from World Showcase or the period areas of DCA) - Not a great idea

2. Discovery/Voyage (DisneySea for Universal)

It could have:
1. Transylvania (Van Helsing E-ticket using Pandora's Box, Frankenstein walkthrough, Black Lagoon submarine ride) with Horror Make-Up Show, Beetlejuice and Monsters Cafe moving here
2. Skull Island (Kong 360, Skull Island flume, etc)
3. Amity (new Jaws ride, stunt show, mini-carnival, etc)
4. a new version of Lost Continent (the old one can be split - 65% goes to Seuss, 35% goes to Potter) themed to just Greek mythology with a Poseidon E-ticket, a new Sinbad ride, etc
5. Middle-Earth (the main area of the new park) with a trackless E-ticket boat ride, complete immersion, and a top-notch show-stopping TOT-style ride themed to Sauron's tower
6. Hyrule (themed to Legend of Zelda) - Family-friendly dark ride, Splash Battle ride, state-of-the-art coaster in Zelda's Castle, amazing show
7. Mushroom Kingdom (adds family-friendly appeal) - Mario Kart ride similar to Autopia, E-ticket dark ride, a new coaster system ("bouncing" system of some sort) for a Yoshi coaster
8. Prehistoric area (Flintstones, Croods, etc) or DreamWorks area (HTTYD, Shrek, The Croods, Madagascar, and Kung Fu Panda) - either one

It might be too similar to IOA, but it would be an area where you can "discover" new realms (each one could be a different time period)

I think the second one has more potential than the first one (it would just become a dumping ground for old rides lol)

Either way, I love that USO is expanding like it's no one's business... can't wait until 2020 when USF and IOA leave DHS, and AK in the dust while a small Star Wars miniland, a retheme of Imagination! to Phineas and Ferb, and a Avatar edition of Soarin' is all Disney uses to combat the onslaught haha :p

Hoping Disney will wake up and see that Universal and even Busch are becoming legitimate competitors :)

I like all of your ideas for a possible universal 3rd park but I see you have kong on their, remember he might be coming to IOA next to the Jurassic park area. So if you don't mind me asking how about a replacement for your suggestion, maybe aliens? Star Trek? Or a Bourne identity/fast and the furious mini area??? I'm thinking another car stunt show will be too similar too LIGHTS! MOTORS! ACTION! Over at Disney Hollywood studios. So maybe they should leave that one alone. How about Halo or Mortal Kombat for a video game adaption turned into a theme park attraction?!!!!! Assasins Creed mini area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.