Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laika properties is a must. I feel that Uni could do wonders with recreating environments from the films. A Boxtrolls ride would be Epic. Coralines garden at night would compete with Disney's Avatarland in the nightime GLOW department.

And since we're talking names..can we go ahead and change Islands of Adventures to something like Epic Adventures when the new Universal Legends Park :clap:comes online. IMO the whole 'islands' thing hasn't really fit since Potter came on line.

Hmmmmm... Shingle Creek Resort and Golf course is right next to that property. I wonder what kind of deal Uni could make with them rather than build their own? Perhaps a crossover bridge? For the golf course that is.

sc_Header.png
Don't think Mr. Rosen would go for that...

I kind of wish Nintendo was saved for a third gate (not that I'm complaining) to give it more size and scope. The idea of carrying on with Harry Potter using Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a great idea. I wish more could be done with DreamWorks, but I heard, apparently they're a nightmare to deal with, along with Nickelodeon.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I agree that Nintendo would be perfect for the 3rd park. But also...I don't want to wait. So I'm fine with it in Kidzone.
Agreed, however, there arent that many HUGE IPs left up for grabs for theme parks.

So the way I see it, a third park will almost definitely have something Fantastic Beasts and Laika. Other possibilities include Godzilla, Star Trek, DreamWorks (HTTYD would make a great ride), Spongebob, Universal Monsters, etc, etc. Possibly even original attractions.

More than anything though, I want a hub and spoke park with themed lands. I don't want to just be throwing in random IPs because they'll make money. I want there to be an over-arching theme.

The thing with Nintendo is it has multiple IPs with it. Making the third park all Nintendo would never happen. Having the kid zone section with the likes of Mario kart, donkey kong, and Mario bros is great. Then the new park can use Pokemon(if able), Zelda, luigis' mansion, metroid, and others. Helps both parks with attendance and still allows the third park to bring in more.

If this park happens we know for sure Fnatastic Beasts or something else Potter is going there. So can probably assume Nintendo additions and potter and I believe Jurassic World will get attractions also. I would love to see something Godzilla done just have no idea what could be seeing the scale of the new version. SpongeBob has a good chance along with Laika and HTTYD. They can attempt LOTR but I doubt it happens and I don't care if it happens either way.

Reactions: Mike S
I kind of wish Nintendo was saved for a third gate (not that I'm complaining) to give it more size and scope. The idea of carrying on with Harry Potter using Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a great idea. I wish more could be done with DreamWorks, but I heard, apparently they're a nightmare to deal with, along with Nickelodeon.
Nintendo is big enough (as well as Uni's own Jurassic Park/World), imo, to get the Potter treatment of spanning more than one park. Have the area in USF focus on Mario and other series that are closely related to him (Donkey Kong, Yoshi, etc.) and then they can build Hyrule in the new park.
The thing with Nintendo is it has multiple IPs with it. Making the third park all Nintendo would never happen. Having the kid zone section with the likes of Mario kart, donkey kong, and Mario bros is great. Then the new park can use Pokemon(if able), Zelda, luigis' mansion, metroid, and others. Helps both parks with attendance and still allows the third park to bring in more.

If this park happens we know for sure Fnatastic Beasts or something else Potter is going there. So can probably assume Nintendo additions and potter and I believe Jurassic World will get attractions also. I would love to see something Godzilla done just have no idea what could be seeing the scale of the new version. SpongeBob has a good chance along with Laika and HTTYD. They can attempt LOTR but I doubt it happens and I don't care if it happens either way.
Said it before I did :agree: As you can tell from my avatar I would LOVE to see Metroid but sadly I doubt it would happen :frown: If any other areas are made for the third park the most likely candidates are Zelda and Pokemon. Luigi's Mansion I think should be in USF alongside Mario Kart, a DK Mine Cart family coaster akin to BTMRR which is something Uni severely lacks, and maybe a Yoshi flat ride of some kind. Would they even have room for all that?

Last edited:
Nintendo is big enough (as well as Uni's own Jurassic Park/World), imo, to get the Potter treatment of spanning more than one park. Have the area in USF focus on Mario and other series that are closely related to him (Donkey Kong, Yoshi, etc.) and then they can build Hyrule in the new park.
I love the idea of the USF version focusing more on Mario characters and 3rd park on Hyrule. Nintendo is certainly big enough to warrant space in multiple parks.

Reactions: Quint and Mike S
I would love to see something Godzilla done just have no idea what could be seeing the scale of the new version.
It'd be awesome if USF got a Donkey Kong attraction and the 3rd park got a Godzilla attraction. Those 2 along with Kong (and I supposed JP/JW for giant creatures) would really create a specific identity for Universal beyond Potter.

It'd be awesome if USF got a Donkey Kong attraction and the 3rd park got a Godzilla attraction. Those 2 along with Kong (and I supposed JP/JW for giant creatures) would really create a specific identity for Universal beyond Potter.
I've been trying to think up what a Godzilla ride would be and the only thing o could think of is like a coaster similar to The Mummy. It would allow them to have multiple height changes to deal with his size.

I've been trying to think up what a Godzilla ride would be and the only thing o could think of is like a coaster similar to The Mummy. It would allow them to have multiple height changes to deal with his size.

I'd see more of the lines of a 360-3D type attraction much like Kong and F&F. And that it has a "new" story based on the 2014 film, but paying homage to the classic Toho films as-well (i'm looking at you, monster fights).

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'd see more of the lines of a 360-3D type attraction much like Kong and F&F. And that it has a "new" story based on the 2014 film, but paying homage to the classic Toho films as-well (i'm looking at you, monster fights).
While I know that is what would probably happen, I want to hold out hope for an animintronic Godzilla. Would Toho have to approve any ride though? I know it took legendary awhile to get use again after then '98 disaster.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
While I know that is what would probably happen, I want to hold out hope for an animintronic Godzilla. Would Toho have to approve any ride though? I know it took legendary awhile to get use again after then '98 disaster.

Toho I would assume would be like JK Rowling in this situation but it'd also be in the supervision by WB and Legendary to make sure that the ride makes good use of the 2014 film (I'm just guessing on that).

Laika properties is a must. I feel that Uni could do wonders with recreating environments from the films. A Boxtrolls ride would be Epic. Coralines garden at night would compete with Disney's Avatarland in the nightime GLOW department.

Not to mention for Coraline, that they can do a projection mapping show at the beginning of night to let the house and garden transform.

Reactions: greendude33
What comes to mind for me for a Godzilla attraction wouldn't be a ride, but more of a special effects show. Perhaps something that gives you the impression of standing on top of a skyscraper watching a Godzilla battle destroy the city below. Have a big effects-laden city model spread out beneath you, with big musion monsters, and then have a big finale encounter with a gigantic animatronic Godzilla head.

What comes to mind for me for a Godzilla attraction wouldn't be a ride, but more of a special effects show. Perhaps something that gives you the impression of standing on top of a skyscraper watching a Godzilla battle destroy the city below. Have a big effects-laden city model spread out beneath you, with big musion monsters, and then have a big finale encounter with a gigantic animatronic Godzilla head.

I could do a upgraded comic con experience. When it came out they had like an office building and make it shake and had a screen on the window with Godzilla walking by. A better version of that I would be up for.

Think someone already said this, but I as well would love to see Neon Genesis Evangelion and Attack on Titan come to this new park. Especially the former, one of the best things ever created!

I agree with this. Add in a DBZ ride and a Sailor Moon ride and this could be a nice little anime section. Give it a store similar to the one in Epcot and a couple of Japanese restaurants and I think it could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.