Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That looks very nice! One thing I've noticed with Universal is that their ticket lines always move abysmally slow even when every window is open, with transactions seeming to take much longer than average Disney ticket transactions from my observations, so the few extra ticket windows should provide a little more relief.

That looks very nice! One thing I've noticed with Universal is that their ticket lines always move abysmally slow even when every window is open, with transactions seeming to take much longer than average Disney ticket transactions from my observations, so the few extra ticket windows should provide a little more relief.

I actually think a lot more people going to Disney already have there tickets before arriving. Much easier with all the little ones :lol:

Those new kiosks are extremely necessary. The lines are painfully slow for tickets and for guest services. Any changes coming to USF?

Tickets lines are horribly slow no matter what park you go to :lol: The best thing anyone can do is print their tickets at home and skip those lines. Still irks me I have to renew my Disney pass every year and get a new ticket and sit in a line, unlike Uni.

Also, didn't Uni already have automatic machines? I can recall seeimg them on the left side of IOA entry and hardly ever saw anyone using them

I actually think a lot more people going to Disney already have there tickets before arriving. Much easier with all the little ones :lol:

Universal, while gaining popularity, is still seen a kinda a last minute decision by tourists. Usually Disney tickets are purchased before hand, and Universal tickets purchased at the gate.

Tickets lines are horribly slow no matter what park you go to :lol: The best thing anyone can do is print their tickets at home and skip those lines. Still irks me I have to renew my Disney pass every year and get a new ticket and sit in a line, unlike Uni.

Also, didn't Uni already have automatic machines? I can recall seeimg them on the left side of IOA entry and hardly ever saw anyone using them

Those machines were used primarily as pick up kiosks, where as these ones will be like the ones you find at SeaWorld or Busch. You will be able to purchase tickets, express, annual passes, and if I'm not mistaken add on Citywalk perks as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Universal, while gaining popularity, is still seen a kinda a last minute decision by tourists. Usually Disney tickets are purchased before hand, and Universal tickets purchased at the gate.

Agreed in a sense :thumbs:

Yeah, but I was talking specifically about the transaction times, with personal experience of standing in lines at Universal a few times and waiting for friends buying them at Disney. I agree a lot more people are buying them at the gate instead of ahead of time at Universal, that's pretty much a given.

Orlando Informer posted a few more pics of the new will call area....

ibfnjqMbVUnKHD.JPG

iLakSV1Os41V8.JPG

Had no idea where to put this (I admit it doesn't really fit here), but thought it was interesting from the latest UONews:

feb13_zpsb7d3f458.jpg

Had no idea where to put this (I admit it doesn't really fit here), but thought it was interesting from the latest UONews:

feb13_zpsb7d3f458.jpg

It's the scoring from their internal guest service polls.

Each venue (ride, show, store, restaurant, turnstiles, park services, ect) get a score.