Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Incorrect, the ride lockers are available to everyone.

Dancapt is clearly thinking of the lockers down on the platform. I know at least one version of them operated under a scan concept. Don't they Dancapt realized that this is a special bank of lockers out with the standard lockers.

well, this is what I was talking about. I do not think I have seen these before. One thing that seemed neat is that there is a large green light showing that lockers are available, it looks like it would turn red when all are in use....making it much easier to spot available lockers from a distance:

^ I never noticed those before. They may very well be new :thumbs:

These are new. Currently its a limited testing phase. The wristband machine is somewhere near the front of the park near day lockers. You pay for your band up front, and you can use it at any of the locker stations that scan the wristbands. Not RFID, but barcode based.

The downside is that the wristband machines are networked and won't let you rent from more than one location at a time. Don't expect to see the leap to IoA any time soon, either.

Oh and they're ugly as sin.

I hope this wristband locker system is a success. I travel with kids a lot and utilize the lockers frequently; especially the ones near the ride queues. With that said, I HATE the fingerprint system Universal currently uses. Those damn scanners always give me a hard time. If the wristbands can save me time and money, I'm down.

Now if they would take away the charge to use the lockers outside of the water rides all would be perfect. Those are the set of rides I would most appreciate the free locker system. I think it was $3 or something.

Now if they would take away the charge to use the lockers outside of the water rides all would be perfect. Those are the set of rides I would most appreciate the free locker system. I think it was $3 or something.

Not going to happen. Only reason they are free at some of the rides is because those rides don't allow bags. You can bring whatever you want on the water ride, it's just going to get soaked. So the lockers are a convenience and in a theme park that equals $$$.

If anything I see them moving toward the six flags model, "No bags an the $1 lockers are over there"

Not going to happen. Only reason they are free at some of the rides is because those rides don't allow bags. You can bring whatever you want on the water ride, it's just going to get soaked. So the lockers are a convenience and in a theme park that equals $$$.

If anything I see them moving toward the six flags model, "No bags an the $1 lockers are over there"

They aren't going to start charging. People will riot and the complaints will force them to revert. The practice at Six Flags is viewed as scummy/sleazy and not the image Universal is trying to promote.

That said, the lack of free lockers at the water rides is annoying, but if you don't mind the walk you can trek to Hulk when the wait is long and just leave them there a while.

I don't think they would start charging because then more people will try to hide stuff in their pockets, under cloths, etc on the roller coasters and then they will have more dueling dragon like issues. That is why they are free, because then people will use them more. Like the other day I went on HRRR and threw my keys and phone in there. No way I would do that if they were not free.

I don't think they would start charging because then more people will try to hide stuff in their pockets, under cloths, etc on the roller coasters and then they will have more dueling dragon like issues. That is why they are free, because then people will use them more. Like the other day I went on HRRR and threw my keys and phone in there. No way I would do that if they were not free.

Agreed, the lockers are free for safety reasons. I think limiting their liability is more important than the revenues lockers would bring in there. Your keys and phone example is great.

I see what your saying, but take a moment to go back and read how TomTheRiddle said they get their wrist band for these new lockers that are being tested.

Izzy when you say people will try to hide stuff they do that now. And where you say pockets, the rule is if it's in your pocket it's fine. For under clothes, the teams are good at finding it now, they wouldn't change. Bottom line is people don't use the lockers because they are free, they use them because they have to.

Its very interesting you say that. The lockers at River Adventure and Ripsaw are some of the most profitable stations on property. Lockers are free because Universal doesn't want to go down the Six Flags route and charge or the Sea World route and have cubbies at the ride. Universal is classier than this. As far as people sneaking stuff, yeah it happens, but the trick is that the Team Members are usually very good about catching loose articles cause its their ass on the line, too. If the guest is going out of their way to hide it, liability falls on to them as they had the opportunity to store it.

No one is really sure what model the new bands will take. It could be one per ID or some other system. Who knows.

What does the park look like after hours? Are there lots of maintenance crews???

Their is a few cleaning crews, merchandising team on occasion, 3rd shift maintenance, security sweeping for guests in bushes etc, stocking teams, and several in wardrobe and culinary.

What does the park look like after hours? Are there lots of maintenance crews???

Google street view will give you a glimpse of the remaining crew trucks in the park... especially in at the entrance of US and down in front of Shrek.

To add to what HTF offered, heavy landscaping work is also done at night. Lifts are brought in to remove tall palm fronds and fruits etc.