Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They're demolishing a small storage facility next to Despicable Me, according to this permit:

0RyVh2M.png

Using Google Maps, it looks like it's probably this small structure by the Blue Man Group entrance/exit:

mZBOF4K.jpg

Not much space there to do much of anything with, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Pretty sure that's the old Nickelodeon Studios gift shop
That corridor between the building and rockit (where the space in question is located) is right next to the UO Store and the area is just behind the store. It was an area where they stored signs, railings, banana boats (trash), and I believe a dumpster. At least that's how it was when I worked there 2 years ago.

Last edited:
That corridor between the building and rockit (where the space in question is located) is right next to the UO Store and the area is just behind the store. It was an area where they stored signs, railings, banana boats (trash), and I believe a dumpster. At least that's how it was when I worked there in 2 years ago.

Before that it was the Nickelodeon shop until 2005(ish)

null_zps533ae654.jpg

null_zps59ecfb1e.jpg

With Nintendoland in kidzone, spongebob merch from that store would need a place to go no? Especially since the store would close. Could this be maybe be for a new nick toon store with like TMNT and stuff?

I have to think it's a store expansion. It just makes sense... plus i'm not really sure what else it could possibly be besides restrooms.

So not really a refurb or anything, but Jake's American Bar at Royal Pacific has received its own Florida Beer Company specialty brew called Jake's American Red Lager. Looks like it debuted last month at the monthly beer dinner and is now in permanent rotation.

Reactions: Quint
I had their Florida Red Lager at the brewery not too long ago. Considering how the other Uni beers are unbranded at the brewery I think it's safe to say that it's the same. Decent beer.

Does anyone know when the last time the cameras for ride photos were upgraded and whether or not they have any plans to do an upgrade them soon? I was just looking at some of our ride photos (JP and Dudley) and the picture quality between them and the other pictures (DM dance party, street people) really stands out. I know that the other pictures I listed are taken by actual photographers makes a big difference in composition and focus but still seems off by a bit.