Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Power Pass replacement fee?

Sep 22, 2009
Leesberg, FL
Hello, I lost my wallet over Spring Break and my Power Pass was in it. So, does Universal offer a replacement pass if you lose yours, and if so what would the fee be? Thanks for the help!

Hello, I lost my wallet over Spring Break and my Power Pass was in it. So, does Universal offer a replacement pass if you lose yours, and if so what would the fee be? Thanks for the help!

You can get it replaced. Pretty sure it's like 5 dollars to get a new one, but I'm not 100% sure there.

Last time I had to replace one it was ten.

I hate how parks now give paper annual type passes and then charge when they are easily damaged or lost. Sometimes it is hard to prove a mush of a card you once had was your annual pass. Been through that.

Last time I had to replace one it was ten.

I hate how parks now give paper annual type passes and then charge when they are easily damaged or lost. Sometimes it is hard to prove a mush of a card you once had was your annual pass. Been through that.

The paper passes are another issue for me. ridiculous that both Universal and Disney give out paper APs.

Once I lost my AP and they replaced it for free, but then that replacement was water damaged during HHN. They did replace the damaged one, but they told me that if they needed to replace it again, it'd be a $10 fee.

I agree. it's ridiculous to have paper passes... Especially since you don't get a new one every year on renewal... Right now mine's pretty faded and sometimes they struggle to scan it. I don't feel like wearing a lanyard, so I always keep it in my wallet. I guess I could laminate it, but come on... *sigh*

PS: I have a Preferred Pass

Last edited:
I agree. it's ridiculous to have paper passes... Especially since you don't get a new one every year on renewal... Right now mine's pretty faded and sometimes they struggle to scan it. I don't feel like wearing a lanyard, so I always keep it in my wallet. I guess I could laminate it, but come on... *sigh*

I can't speak for Universal, because well I don't have a Universal AP. But I keep my Disney pass in one of those nifty little protector folders. I'm pretty sure Universal still has though. Your pass will thank you in the long run.

I have had mine replaced a few times. SeaWorld/Busch Gardens as well as Disney if its damaged never give you a hassle. The one time I had it replaced at Universal they told me it would be ten bucks. My response was ok I will give the manager my 10 bucks where is he or she at. Long story short I didn't pay.

I got the Premier Pass again partially because I wanted the plastic card again. Went to pick up the pass. Got ready for my pic. Guess what? They're paper tickets now too. :doh:

I automatically got a new pass when I was renewing my Universal Orlando AP (preferred) last month. I had to sign this new card (first one I didn't). Once I had my new pass, they asked me if I wanted to keep the old one as a souvenir.

While we're on the subject of paper-vs.-plastic APs, I saw - through someone I follow on Twitter - that at SeaWorld, if you give a donation towards conservation efforts, you can get a plastic card. Planning on doing that. Not just for the card but I also really support what SeaWorld does for their animals. :) I got my SeaWorld AP (yay) and tried to find out about that today, but they ran out of the cards, so I'll have to try another day.

Universal does try to screw you over with AP replacement fees.

As noted above, SWO/BGT do have plastic APs(I have one). You just need to donate $10 to their wildlife conservation efforts.

That's great that SWO and BGT do that! I wish Universal had the option of a plastic card with a charitable donation. I'd get it. But I guess they want you to buy a lanyard or pay replacement fees...

Yes BGT and SW do the plastic pass upgrade for $5 each +tax, well worth it, just go to cutomer service and they will hook you up. I don't know why Uni wouldn't at least offer it.
I always keep mine in those plastic holders, that you find on the end of lanyards, they seem to protect them pretty well.
Either laminate it or wrap it with clear packing tape if you want to keep in the car or in your wallet.