Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm under the impression that park design and those models that were submitted are not the fully current set-up for the park as changes as still in play since they since are in the design phase.

More so that was a relevant guide for the construction companies to place bids for certain lots and present their case to Universal. (6 different Chinese construction companies)

Main reason I state this is Universal/Beijing Tourism didn't even finish going through the bids for the companies representing the construction contract until last week as well as last week Beijing officials stated they were not done designing the park yet.

Also read some weird chatter from randoms that Waterworld may double with a change into a Japanese IP. One that is quite popular in Asia but not at all popular in America.

It also means Universal/Beijing changed up the resort layout again from July to August during which they should a new resort had a partially covered/indoor water park during which the park was a spoke and hub style park.

Last edited:
I'm under the impression that park design and those models that were submitted are not the fully current set-up for the park as changes as still in play since they since are in the design phase.

More so that was a relevant guide for the construction companies to place bids for certain lots and present their case to Universal. (6 different Chinese construction companies)

Main reason I state this is Universal/Beijing Tourism didn't even finish going through the bids for the companies representing the construction contract until last week as well as last week Beijing officials stated they were not done designing the park yet.

Also read some weird chatter from randoms that Waterworld may double with a change into a Japanese IP. One that is quite popular in Asia but not at all popular in America.

It also means Universal/Beijing changed up the resort layout again from July to August during which they should a new resort had a partially covered/indoor water park during which the park was a spoke and hub style park.
I think setup may have changed but the IPs are the same. They were actually confirmed in an article in the Wall Street Journal that investment was doubling because of SDL success.

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150
Here is the text from the Theneparx page. I can’t share the photos. Mods, if this is against the rules, please delete.

Park overview:

Z1: Entrance Plaza/Hollywood
- Similar to Universal Japan, guests enter the park by walking through a canopied walkway lined with stores.
- Walkway leads out to the Hollywood-themed area of the park - straight ahead is the central lagoon. Jurassic World area can be seen from across the lagoon. Jurassic World’s centerpiece mountain is conspicuous especially with its large waterfall flowing into the lagoon.
- Hollywood area extends to the left and right - to the left is a theater (likely Dreamworks Theater like in Universal Studios in Hollywood), two restaurants, Fast & Furious: Supercharged, and Music Plaza stage
- Continuing along the lagoon through Hollywood area to the left (northwest) leads to a split where straight ahead is Transformers area (Z6) and to the right is Jurassic World area (Z2).
- Continuing along the lagoon through Hollywood area to the right (southeast) leads to some type of show attraction (potentially a “The Great Wall” show) and a restaurant. Beyond that is a small bridge that leads to the Minions area (Z7).

Z2: Jurassic World
- Jurassic World is the most centrally located area of the park and stretches along almost the entire northeast side of the lagoon
- Entering this area from Hollywood (Z1) you first see on the right a large mountain connected to a large glass dome. Track for a ride runs around the front area of the mountain between the waterfall and the lagoon and at some point the track might go into the glass dome. It is unknown if this ride is a roller coaster, water coaster, or something else. Could this same ride also be coming to Universal’s Islands of Adventure in Orlando? The glass dome might have some kind of “show” and/or dinosaur photo opportunities. The large mountain resembles the tallest peak at Shanghai Disneyland’s Adventure Isle.
- Continuing past the mountain and glass dome is a restaurant on the left and then another one on the right connected to the mountain.
- Straight ahead is a large rectangular building for the area’s second ride. A rumored attraction for the area is a ride based on the Gyrosphere found in the movies - assuming this Gyrosphere ride is indoors, this is likely the location of the ride.
- Past the indoor ride’s entrance is a third restaurant (rendering for this third restaurant is below), a small “show” area, which could potentially be for raptor “training sessions” or the area where guests can “meet” a dinosaur and then past that is the area’s fourth restaurant.
- Beyond the last restaurant is walkways to the south that lead to the Minion area (Z7) and east to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Z5).
- A full-scale Visitor Center seen in movies is potentially included in this area. This could be one of the area’s four restaurants or the indoor queue area of the indoor ride.

Z3: WaterWorld
- Dedicated themed area for show.
- Similar, if not identical show to what is currently at Universal’s existing theme parks in Hollywood, Singapore, and Japan.
- No rides in this area
- One restaurant
- WaterWorld’s stadium located in back northeast area of park
- Walkways from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Z5) and Kung Fu Panda (Z4) lead to WaterWorld

Z4: Kung Fu Panda
- Located directly behind Jurassic World
- Universal’s first entirely indoor area
- This area has one entrance/exit on the left that comes from the Transformers area (Z6) and on the other side is the other entrance/exit that comes from WaterWorld (Z3).
- Entering the area from the WaterWorld side you first see a small ride (likely a flat ride) and on the left a small store.
- From there the area opens up and to the right is a restaurant and a second small flat ride.
- To the left is a third small flat ride, another restaurant and the entrance/exit that leads to the Transformers area.
- The back corner of this area is another gift shop and the entrance to the area’s main ride (maybe a dark ride/boat ride?). This main ride is almost the entire length of the area and takes up a little less than half of the entire Kung Fu Panda area.
- The theme of this area is likely Po's village, the hometown to many of the movies’ main characters.
- Another pathway that connects Transformers area and WaterWorld bypasses Kung Fu Panda and runs parallel to the area outside, but it might be blocked off and for team members only.

Z5: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade
- Located on the east-most area of the park
- Almost identical design to the equivalent area at Universal Studios Japan
- Hogsmeade Village
- Flight of the Hippogriff
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- The entrance near Hogsmeade Village is located between Jurassic World (Z2) and Minion area (Z7).
- The entrance near Hogwarts Castle is connected to a pathway that splits to the left and runs behind Hogsmeade Village that goes back to Jurassic World or splits to the right and goes to WaterWorld.
- Two large expansion plots are found in this area - the south plot of land will likely be home to the same new roller coaster being built at Universal’s Islands of Adventure because of the plot’s size and location. The other smaller expansion plot is located behind Hogsmeade Village and between WaterWorld and Jurassic World. This plot could potentially be used for the Hogwarts Express train station.

Z6: Transformers
- This area’s primary entrance is coming from the Hollywood area (Z1).
- Guests entering from that area walk under a large steel roller coaster with the exact same layout as Hulk at Universal’s Islands of Adventure in Orlando.
- Once crossing under the coaster, to the left is the entrance of the coaster.
- Straight ahead is a restaurant and a large indoor ride assumed to be Transformers: The Ride 3D
- To the right is a small circular ride (probably a flat ride), a second restaurant, a small “show” area that will probably be for “meeting” a Transformer, a third restaurant and then past that is the entrance to the Kung Fu Panda area (Z4)

Z7: Minion Park + Super Silly Fun Land
- Area themed entirely to Despicable Me movies (Minions) in southeast corner of park between Hollywood (Z1) and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Z5)
- Minion Park but not same design as the same area at Universal Studios Japan.
- At the back of the area is an indoor ride, assumed to be Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- Large indoor building themed to Super Silly Fun Land sticks out of area into the park’s lagoon and inside is at least one ride - a small kiddie coaster
- This area includes two restaurant areas along the “street” and one “show” venue

Major construction expected to be completed late Summer/Fall 2020. Grand opening in late Fall 2020 or during Spring Festival/Chinese New Year in February 2021?

Disclaimer: Some of this list is speculation about the leaked layout images. That layout might be outdated.

I think the dome coaster could actually be a family suspended coaster.

It looks too small a space for a B&M flyer (about twice the footprint of Hippogrith) but it's about right for a heavily themed family invert.

Beijing's much improved version of Pteranodon Flyers perhaps???

It looks too small a space for a B&M flyer (about twice the footprint of Hippogrith) but it's about right for a heavily themed family invert.

That actually makes a lot of sense, looking at the source material. The only issue would probably be the capacity.

Allow me..to toss this.

If it's an Intamin, what if it's something more similar to Drage Kongen, a family suspended coaster that is enclosed completely?

Allow me..to toss this.

If it's an Intamin, what if it's something more similar to Drage Kongen, a family suspended coaster that is enclosed completely?

I don’t think that it’s fully indoors (ThemeParx mentioned that there looks to be an outdoor portion) but I think you’re right on the money with the coaster.

My only worry is the capacity, and that can be fixed with breaks during show scenes.

Hmmm, could the inverted coaster return to Orlando in the near future? Only time will tell.

Reactions: tankart150
I don’t think that it’s fully indoors (ThemeParx mentioned that there looks to be an outdoor portion) but I think you’re right on the money with the coaster.

My only worry is the capacity, and that can be fixed with breaks during show scenes.

Hmmm, could the inverted coaster return to Orlando in the near future? Only time will tell.

It's not like inverts have left Orlando (glares at LEGOLand).
__
Either way, it seems someone did some keying and we may have a better layout now of what came out from Themeparx (but keep in mind, it's probably not final).

From what it seems (be prepared for temp names I'm giving)...

Hollywood - 1 ride (guess), 2 ??? venues (excluding Music Plaza), 6 Dining/Shopping Areas
Minion Lagoon (DM) - 2 rides, one ??? venue, 5 Dining/Shopping Areas
Cybertron (TF) - 3 rides, one ??? Venue, 5 Dining/Shopping Areas
Ancient China (KFP) - 2/3 rides, 7 Dining/Shopping Areas
Hogsmeade - 2 rides, Ollivanders, 4 Dining/Shopping Areas
WaterWorld - Waterworld, one Dining Area
Jurassic World - 2 rides, 2 ??? venues, 5 Dining/Shopping Areas

Counting by the numbers, it seems like for Attractions (going by USH logic), USB will have possibly 20-22 Attractions at launch.

So if that's the case, it's on a similar ballpark to what UOSouth's first park might turn out in attraction count.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
Looking at that plan though, this park is very limiting IP wise and make sense the rumours of the second Beijing park being pushed up timeline wise to start construction right after this one is done.

There are 9 Show attractions with KFP entire land being one.

16 ride attractions.

18 restuarants....when there is more dining facilities than rides, I would say there is a slight problem.

Looking at that plan though, this park is very limiting IP wise and make sense the rumours of the second Beijing park being pushed up timeline wise to start construction right after this one is done.

16 ride attractions.

Sixteen rides? I only got thirteen. Also, nine show attractions is a bit much, but some of them might be meet & greets.

The Beijing attraction count is very similar to the estimated new park attraction count. So we finally know a bit about what to expect.

Sixteen rides? I only got thirteen. Also, nine show attractions is a bit much, but some of them might be meet & greets.

The Beijing attraction count is very similar to the estimated new park attraction count. So we finally know a bit about what to expect.

If you zoom in and try to ride the text some attractions are actually two different attractions on top of each other....
(transformer coaster is two, same thing with the potter coasters)

Reactions: Magic-Man

16 ride attractions.

18 restuarants....when there is more dining facilities than rides, I would say there is a slight problem.
Aren’t you the one that stated that USB was going to have 27 attractions ?

Yes, which was stated in multiple Chinese reports so I'm standing by it as the map shows 25 which means I'm missing two.
Oh ok so we’re counting shows as well which makes sense. I agree this park has a lot of dining options which isnt necessarily a bad thing. But maybe the ride count isn’t final they can add one or two.

Last edited: