Universal Studios Hollywood Hotel | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Hollywood Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ill bite. If the parks suddenly make less money, does investment into attractions go up or down?
If were talking a another Pandemic then a hotel wont help

If your saying less people are interesting in going to USH then the ticket prices need to be lowered and or your not building the right attractions but they are. Do you or anyone here think Nintendoland is going to flop? I bet AP sales go up near 50% after opening, then you have merch, seasonal merch, new foods and the bands.

We have FF coaster which people on here seem to think will get more people to come.

So when are they going to have less money coming in? HHN this year is selling out like crazy, it was much harder this year then any other before it to get a Front of the Line pass ahead of time and the food lines are long....seems like if they keep investing in the park they will keep making more money.

Honestly its funny to me to see so many upset that I dont want this hotel...but are very very fine with a boring FF coaster coming here and not say a Zelda coaster which would make them way more money in the long run (merch, food and zelda themed bands will out sell any FF they could dream of)

My thoughts are putting a small hotel here would be fine but its not something needed before a second park and also don't really want to push for something I'd never stay in, because if anyone here thinks this hotel will have rooms for under 300 bucks on even off season.....your nuts, this place would have minimum rooms and on HHN you'd easily be paying 400 bucks if your lucky and more likely 500 bucks because unlike on the east coast where they have plenty of room...USH does not (also literally looking at the two hotels right now near the parks and 300+ is the minimum right now). So everyone pushing for something that 1% of guests would use and would not generate more attractions or get the employees more money.
If you guys want to push for it cool but I don't see the benefits to 99% of the people going or working at the parks

If your saying less people are interesting in going to USH then the ticket prices need to be lowered and or your not building the right attractions but they are. Do you or anyone here think Nintendoland is going to flop? I bet AP sales go up near 50% after opening, then you have merch, seasonal merch, new foods and the bands.

We have FF coaster which people on here seem to think will get more people to come.

So when are they going to have less money coming in? HHN this year is selling out like crazy, it was much harder this year then any other before it to get a Front of the Line pass ahead of time and the food lines are long....seems like if they keep investing in the park they will keep making more money.

Honestly its funny to me to see so many upset that I dont want this hotel...but are very very fine with a boring FF coaster coming here and not say a Zelda coaster which would make them way more money in the long run (merch, food and zelda themed bands will out sell any FF they could dream of)

My thoughts are putting a small hotel here would be fine but its not something needed before a second park and also don't really want to push for something I'd never stay in, because if anyone here thinks this hotel will have rooms for under 300 bucks on even off season.....your nuts, this place would have minimum rooms and on HHN you'd easily be paying 400 bucks if your lucky and more likely 500 bucks because unlike on the east coast where they have plenty of room...USH does not (also literally looking at the two hotels right now near the parks and 300+ is the minimum right now). So everyone pushing for something that 1% of guests would use and would not generate more attractions or get the employees more money.
If you guys want to push for it cool but I don't see the benefits to 99% of the people going or working at the parks
I'm not exactly sure what your main point is. I feel like I just read a college essay that was written the night before it was due that's trying to meet the minimum word count.

I'm not exactly sure what your main point is. I feel like I just read a college essay that was written the night before it was due that's trying to meet the minimum word count.
My point is less then 1% of people will gain benefits from a little hotel

No idea why people are fighting hard for something that most of us here will never stay in (unless you like spending 300+ bucks a night for a room at a theme park that can be done within half a day) and they are concerned that without a hotel USH wont be making enough money while a land that will make as much if not more then Potter is about to open. I see little concern from people here on USH making money from say a FF coaster when other IP's would make the company more money.

In all seriousness, are you for real or just trolling everyone? Boring coaster? Just because it’s not what you want doesn’t make it a boring coaster. This could actually end up being one of the more thrilling coasters on the west coast. But back to the hotel. Hotels get people to stay longer. All I ever see from your posts is that if you don’t approve then it’s a bad idea on Universal’s part and makes no sense for them to do it. Knotts has their own hotel and they don’t have a ton of things to do either. But with Nintendo and Potter both at Universal Studios Hollywood, SLoP, soon F&F coaster, plus all of the other things coming to the park over the next 7-8 years…a hotel possibly two will be much needed for this park.

Listen, I get that you’re passionate. You want what you want. If others don’t, it seems to confuse/frustate you. But you have a tendency to bring the topic back to whatever you want without actually responding to people’s posts. I think that people tend to be frustrated by that, then disengage with your ideas. No one here is on the attack. No one here is fighting tooth and nail for a hotel. It’s a discussion board. We’re discussing.

It is my opinion, growing Hollywood as a resort is a good idea. When I visit Hollywood from the Midwest, I’d like to stay at a Universal hotel. I think other people would as well.

As for selling merch for an IP more popular than F&F (one of their biggest franchises - even if you don’t like it); this isn’t the only way to make money. Getting people in the door to ride a new rollercoaster, regardless of IP, is good for food, beverage, and overall merch sales. This isnt a complicated idea. And yet, we have this conversation every two weeks.

Universal Hollywood needs to expand it's revenue base, and spending per guest, if it want's to be a serious contender. As it is, they sell AP's dirt cheap to attract attendance numbers. Their AP's sell for about the same, and in some cases less,
than the AP's sell for at our local "Amusement" park, Kennywood. That's crazy. And when they tried to raise the AP prices with Potter, the AP base deteriorated rapidly. This is not communism where the price should be set so low
everyone can come as many times as they want for a fairly small fee.. Universal Orlando took advantage of their Potter situation and greatly expanded their hotel rooms, which were miniscule before the expansion. Now they're are reaping the rewards with huge revenue gains that are carrying the entire theme park division. Don't let Hollywoods' AP oriented attendance lull some into thinking the park makes maximum profits. They need hotels to do that in order to bring in the high spending guests who stay on site
in Universal/Loews owned hotels.

Also....Brian already said these are just rumors nothing more then that.

I just want to clarify that a hotel happening isn't what I'm refuting, but them using 10-year-old concept art without adding any context - implying that's the concept they are going with; a couple of days after going all-in with the Mummy Closing rumor which has since been debunked by other in-the-know people and even Murdy, himself. (and yet they haven't posted any correction or update).

I straight up had to double check the dates on these comments to make sure they’re actually new because it felt verbatim to a dozen other times across several past threads.

Imagine if they opened a hotel and it was themed… to F&F.
Nah even better theme this to the Hollywood Horror Hotel. I want Harvey Dent or DeVelle or whatever his name is to jump out at me on my way back to my room.

No joke I only looked at this thread and looked at it thinking it was the thread for the Horror Hotel house at HHN.

Reactions: highdefrex
My point is less then 1% of people will gain benefits from a little hotel

No idea why people are fighting hard for something that most of us here will never stay in (unless you like spending 300+ bucks a night for a room at a theme park that can be done within half a day) and they are concerned that without a hotel USH wont be making enough money while a land that will make as much if not more then Potter is about to open. I see little concern from people here on USH making money from say a FF coaster when other IP's would make the company more money.
I literally have friends that come down from Seattle and go to Disney and Universal quite often and they ALWAYS say they spend extra time at uni if there was a uni hotel cuz they always end up staying in Anaheim. They actually just came down again last week for HHN and stayed at the Hilton and still wished Uni had its own hotel they could stay at

Honestly seeing the crowds from the past two days makes me genuinely think the needle of a hotel being greenlit is close. I haven't seen crowds as active and dense at HHN the 4 individual years I've been at. Even in 2019s case.

Have to think SNW is going to tip it. Would make sense with how much Nintendo merch is going off of shelves.

Reactions: joerodriguez
Just know there’s a reason there are now 4 Nintendo stores in the park. Merch has being selling very well since day 1
There have been that many or more of Pottter too, I wonder how they are comparing on sales.
Either way I'm glad as merch sales can only help with the expansion plans.

Reactions: Mad Dog