Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been to Universal Studios Japan September 2014. It's a nice park but it has two problems for foreign visitors
- language. Everything is in Japanese language and the employees don't speak it or don't speak it very well.
- strict policy regarding photography and filming. It's really really strict there. They even asked me to turn off my camera in the queue area outside of Back To The Future. It's a simple queue line.

Anyway, if you have question feel free to ask and I try to answer them.

I've been to Universal Studios Japan September 2014. It's a nice park but it has two problems for foreign visitors
- language. Everything is in Japanese language and the employees don't speak it or don't speak it very well.
- strict policy regarding photography and filming. It's really really strict there. They even asked me to turn off my camera in the queue area outside of Back To The Future. It's a simple queue line.

Anyway, if you have question feel free to ask and I try to answer them.

That's strange. I always see the greatest photo trip reports from there.

Do you see many photos from inside the attraction?

They were very strict during my visit. And I've read someone's review who also mentioned they were strict with photography.

Sayonara bootahead Dok-ah Brown! Lol

Although I dreamed of riding BTTF one more time & seeing it in Japan, I guess it's nice that my last memories of the ride will forever be the epic last night in Hollywood :)

Is it bad to say good riddance? 

While it was nice to know that the ride lived on in some capacity, this is its time to go. Back to the Future was a great ride, but had an expiration date. I think it'd be sadder to know it was just rotting there in Japan and outstaying its welcome. I'm glad that the ride is finally, officially put to rest.

And that, kids, is why you don't make rides about the near future.

Reactions: Bonkers
Aaaand I still have not been on the ride, ever. :mellow:

I suppose I'd rather not experience it at all than ride it once (with an overdub), leaving me yearning for our iteration.
Actually a simple fix to that could be to simply download the English audio to your Ipod or phone, put on headphones, and the second the ride in Japan starts, click play and you get the English version! That would've been my plan if I went to Japan.

(I've done that a few times on Simpsons. Play BTTF audio while the ride is going on. Sue me.)

So funny though. The riders in Japan are flying first to the distant time period of this October haha!

Reactions: William
I'm honestly curious what the ride designers thought at the time in the 90s.

"Let's send the riders to the future of 2015, like in the movie!"

"Great! But...won't that make the ride out dated the closer it gets to the actual date? And then it won't be the future anymore after the real 2015? And we're spending millions to make this ride?"

"No worries. We'll just rename it Back to the Past The Ride after 2015."

I really wonder how DM will work in the back to the future building. Maybe in 2nd to last room, they will have the minions act out stupid stuff to entertain guests. If they choose to use the same audio as our queue, illumination will have to reanimate the scene for the last room before you enter the main ride. I'm interested to see how this plays out.