Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The worlds largest Minion themed area will open in 2017 as Back To The Future will become Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem.

d5761-125-505511-1.jpg

http://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000125.000005761.html

The ride should be better than the US versions because of the dome screens.and set up of the Back to the Future ride.

While I'm disappointed as I find this to be a downgraded replacement, I am, on the other hand, interested in seeing how this rendition will play out in the BTTF building. I can see them going one of two ways with this:

The GE Way: Cram everything into this building. First, how are the pre shows going to pan out? I can picture the first pre show room as Gru's house. That shouldn't be hard to pull off, but it will be interesting to see six clones of that room in the same structure. The problem is that the room can't accomadate two theaters running at once. If they go this approach, I'm really interested in seeing is how the second pre show is going to pan out. It's one small room for an individual ride vehicle. You can't really have the window of Gru looking at you. They would either have to change the pre show video completely (Which I find unreadable) or do what I'm about to mention here:

Second way: This seems like the most likely option here: Instead of going the GE route of just cramming everything into the building, just retool the building to follow the same structure as the other ones. Add a structure for Gru's living room and second pre show, and get rid of the upper two upper levels. They could just take down the walls that make the cars in individual rooms to make it one big theater. I don't see how they'll have room to add the pre show rooms as there isn't much room to expand and the current space can't accommodate for the two theaters. 

This is going to be interesting indeed to see how they do this. 

Two things..

1.) From Japanese Website; Sankei, there is some brand new information for the upcoming Nintendoland that should be heard in a way..

(Source: http://www.sankei.com/smp/west/news/160712/wst1607120012-s1.html)

USJ " Mario " is more than Harry Potter ! ! To 50 billion yen more than the investment scale of ... aim open to children " summer vacation free " Tokyo Olympics of Kansai

Management company 11 days of Osaka City theme park " Universal Studios Japan " (USJ), the new area you are planning to build in partnership with Nintendo , much greater than the area of the popular movie " Harry Potter " investment It revealed becomes thing . Scheduled to Nintendo's popular characters , such as " Mario " the advent of a large number , investment is also likely to exceed 500 billion yen . Aims to open up to 2020 years by the Tokyo Olympic Games will be held.

Tsuyoshi Morioka executive officer of the management company in charge of the investment strategy of USJ is revealed told , such as the Sankei Shimbun . 26 years to open the Harry of Potter area investment of 400 billion yen . Morioka Mr. For Nintendo area was declared as " become more than that ."

Management company 11 days of the " Universal Studios Japan " (USJ), as a memorial project of opening the 15th anniversary , from July 16 days of the summer vacation period until September 4 , to target the Kansai prefectures residents , It announced that a campaign to free one of the admission children per one adult . Adult (12 years of age or older , usually ¥ 7400 ) 1 person , children ( 4 to 11 years of age , the same 4980 yen ), which accompanied a total of 2 servings tickets for the launch in the yen 7400 . In USJ point of contact , you must show a certificate that can verify your address such as a driver's license.

Management company has said, " in the sense of giving back to the Kansai region , I want to experience the USJ of opening 15 anniversary to a lot of people ." Similarly children free planning is that it has been also carried out in 2011 and 25 years

And 2.); from FarmboyinJapan on twitter, he has some very interesting information of Nintendo from the Mainichi Shinbun, one of the heads at USJ:

• The head of Universal Studios Japan also says that not just Mario, but "many" of Nintendo's IPs are under consideration for the theme park.
  • Reaffirms the previous statement that the Nintendo area of Universal Studios Japan will be open by the 2020 Olympics.
  • While it took $400 million to build the Harry Potter area at Universal Studios Japan, Nintendo Land may cost "beyond $500 million".
  • MULTIPLE attractions/restaurants/stores are being jointly developed between Nintendo and Universal Studios Japan.
  • Looking like there is a possibility that Nintendo Land will be "officially announced" (unveiled?) to the public sometime before year's end.

More on this as it develops, but if it may be announced by year's end..it may not be impossible to look for information possibly from Tokyo Game Show or any other major convention that they pop up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chris.g
Two things..

1.) From Japanese Website; Sankei, there is some brand new information for the upcoming Nintendoland that should be heard in a way..

(Source: http://www.sankei.com/smp/west/news/160712/wst1607120012-s1.html)

And 2.); from FarmboyinJapan on twitter, he has some very interesting information of Nintendo from the Mainichi Shinbun, one of the heads at USJ:

• The head of Universal Studios Japan also says that not just Mario, but "many" of Nintendo's IPs are under consideration for the theme park.
  • Reaffirms the previous statement that the Nintendo area of Universal Studios Japan will be open by the 2020 Olympics.
  • While it took $400 million to build the Harry Potter area at Universal Studios Japan, Nintendo Land may cost "beyond $500 million".
  • MULTIPLE attractions/restaurants/stores are being jointly developed between Nintendo and Universal Studios Japan.
  • Looking like there is a possibility that Nintendo Land will be "officially announced" (unveiled?) to the public sometime before year's end.

More on this as it develops, but if it may be announced by year's end..it may not be impossible to look for information possibly from Tokyo Game Show or any other major convention that they pop up.

Many Nintendo IPs? Hmm..

Obviously they have to include Pokémon..

What else?

Well, they'll have to arrange to purchase the Pokemon rights which isn't fully with the deal, but some say that talks are basically underway if not guaranteed. And yeah we should know something by the end of the year, and to the extent of exactly when we are getting it too. It'd be nice for USH to get their due before Orlando but it may not be that way.   :(

Have been thinking today about doing a last-minute trip to Japan in a couple of weeks, didn't even think about them doing HHN out there - quite tempted now!

If you do, I would highly recommend checking it out. Not only for the Death Eaters in the Wizarding World (yes, they have that during the event..) but for Trauma and what sounds like of the JHorror house; as Trauma from last year sounded incredible and JHorror also sounds incredible; even by one persons comments about it.