Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/kyodo-news-international/140415/universal-studios-japan-sees-105-mil-visitors-fy-2013

Looks like USJ had a great turnout last year. That's impressive!

Must be nice to have a park with the best Universal has and had to offer all in one park.
Wow!  If you are really a Universal fan...(in the Arnold Schwarzenegger voice)...get your ass to Japan!

Just stumbled upon a video of their "Premiere Show."

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3VvvTfsC3Nc?feature=oembed
What the hell was that???  LOL

Can anyone explain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: steve
If we are lucky and we continue without rain for a long period of time, it may be possible to see Spring 2016.  I want to timestamp where we are now with Japan's history and compare.

Reactions: William
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter-- Hogsmeade is now open at Universal Studios Japan! Go to their twitter page and RT the pic w/ blue fireworks to enter a giveaway for a chance to win tix.

Reactions: Krusty
I'm planning to go to Japan this September and plan to visit Universal Studios over there. I'm still in planning stage, as this goes really slowly as I have problems with remembering Japanese names of sightseeing stuff and I have not much knowledge of Japan (plans are to visit Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara and Osaka). Me and my wife are no fans of eating fish, and from what I read on the web they eat a lof of seafood.

JP,BTTF,JAWS, and Potter all in one park. What more could you ask for?
ET :p But you can't have everything I guess! It still has an epic ride and show lineup. And at least their ET replacement ride is pretty spectacular compared to our Mummy! I could see them adding Kong in the future over there as well! Or....a Godzilla version of the new Orlando Kong ride haha.

But the Japanese guests are going crazy over the Wizarding World so far. The videos of Japanese fans in costumes running towards Forbidden Journey while crying was beautiful to watch :) and cool to see as well because it's mostly what we'll get!

Looking at videos of Forbidden Journey over shows that the ride is a lot brighter than its Orlando counterpart, as both the projections are much brighter and clearer even in a bad cell phone video, and some scenes have brighter/different lighting than Orlando to help you see the scenery better, which I like!

And hippogriff seems to be the exact same ride length as Orlando.

JP,BTTF,JAWS, and Potter all in one park. What more could you ask for?
T23D ;-)

Bought my plan tickets to Japan yesterday. Only need to arrange hotels and travel (and I still have not clue), and ofcourse tickets to Disneyland and Universal Studios over there.

And if anyone can point me to the emailaddress of guest services at Universal Studios Japan, it will be appreciated. I can't find it on the site. Have tried to send English emails to privacy@usj.co.jp, info@usj.co.jp, guestservices@usj.co.jp, but no one replies... :-(

And on facebook I can't send them a message.