Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dang, that’s rough. Before VC, USJ seemed like the best Universal park.
It's firmly in the middle for me. A lot of people have said it's a weird amalgamation of IOA and USF, and I think that's true in almost every regard, including theming, quality, food, etc. But it's also one park that is servicing both the special event and E-ticket needs of our two Orlando parks, and that mismatch is pretty palpable. It's a very unique problem to have.

Pokemon show/dance party coming this Halloween

Separate full HHN announcement still to come presumably
FziJs9lacAAsbg9

I'm really excited for this! Making my first visit to USJ this fall and I'm hyped to be able to see more Pokemon in the parks. Agreed, I'd also love to see plenty of Halloween specific Pokemon merch!

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
There was a program on Japanese TV recently claiming that the Jaws attraction was deliberately designed to run counter-clockwise as opposed to clockwise because supposedly it's less scary that way.

Anyone know if that's for real?

F1dXDgbakAQYWGD

So, I thought this might be the right place to ask this...

I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to Japan in 2024 - does anyone have any hotel suggestions? I am looking for something close to the park or connected to CityWalk Osaka.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy

I am in the very early stages of planning a trip to Japan in 2024 - does anyone have any hotel suggestions? I am looking for something close to the park or connected to CityWalk Osaka.

I’ve stayed at the Park Front and Singulari and I prefer the latter. The hotel is a stone’s throw from the Universal JR station exit and has a nice rooftop sento bath.

I enjoyed the Park Front quite a bit, but honestly any of those hotels in the CityWalk area would be great. Don't pay a premium to be at the Park Front just because it's technically closer to the park. It's like a one to two minutes walk difference between all of the surrounding spots.

Haha, no way, us too! Looking at August for us! Will definitely be asking so many questions on here for the lead up.

For a couple who will likely have a single day to try and get through the park, any highlights or must dos? I know we will be prioritizing the non-shared rides and experiences, so it won't crush me that JP is down still (or that we lost Spidey, T2 and Backdraft). Genuinely looking forward to riding Jaws again though!

we'll be there in under two months (!!) and are staying in a more centralized location for convenience hitting non-theme park stuff. so, with the caveat I haven't stayed here yet, this is what we have booked right now.

we also got a decent deal on our tickets purchasing through klook, but keep in mind that each day is assigned a letter and your ticket needs to have that corresponding letter for entry to be granted.

Haha, no way, us too! Looking at August for us! Will definitely be asking so many questions on here for the lead up.

For a couple who will likely have a single day to try and get through the park, any highlights or must dos? I know we will be prioritizing the non-shared rides and experiences, so it won't crush me that JP is down still (or that we lost Spidey, T2 and Backdraft). Genuinely looking forward to riding Jaws again though!
Getting through the whole park in one day is not that difficult if you're experienced with theme parks, especially if you buy express and/or make use of single rider lines.

You probably know already, but most of the attractions at USJ are highlight reels from the American parks. Notable exclusives are Jaws, the outdoor coasters, Cool Japan seasonal attractions and the Yoshi omnimover in SNW.

Last edited: