Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's 6th Hotel Rumors & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading through the Easement today I can say with high confidence that Aventura will NOT be a high-end hotel. As a matter of fact, it might be below CBBR in terms of price/ranking.

This is why I feel this way:

1) According to the Easement, it won't be using the Loews name. We know that Loews only wants their name on the nicest hotels.

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 6.35.18 PM.png

(the Seventh Hotel is Aventura. The Sixth is the CBBR expansion in the legal world)

2) As NJBrandon pointed out, this is the lowest priority for the reservations phone team. According to the easement, the manadatory booking order is this:

First: [Portofino/HRH/RP]
Second: Sapphire
Third: CBBR
Fouth: Aventura
Fifth: Off-site Preferred Hotels
Sixth: Off-site Partner Hotels
Obviously you would want to book your most expensive hotel first, so the fact that it's LAST is concerning.

3) No Express. Obviously a high-end hotel would have Express.

4) The location of the hotel is unfavorable for a high-end hotel. It will most likely face the waterpark and freeway (which is great for some) but doesn't provide the luxury/exclusivity of a high-end hotel.

So it looks like Portofino will continue to be the premiere on-site hotel with Aventura being "value".

After reading through the Easement today I can say with high confidence that Aventura will NOT be a high-end hotel. As a matter of fact, it might be below CBBR in terms of price/ranking.

This is why I feel this way:

1) According to the Easement, it won't be using the Loews name. We know that Loews only wants their name on the nicest hotels.

View attachment 2893

(the Seventh Hotel is Aventura. The Sixth is the CBBR expansion in the legal world)

2) As NJBrandon pointed out, this is the lowest priority for the reservations phone team. According to the easement, the manadatory booking order is this:

First: [Portofino/HRH/RP]
Second: Sapphire
Third: CBBR
Fouth: Aventura
Fifth: Off-site Preferred Hotels
Sixth: Off-site Partner Hotels
Obviously you would want to book your most expensive hotel first, so the fact that it's LAST is concerning.

3) No Express. Obviously a high-end hotel would have Express.

4) The location of the hotel is unfavorable for a high-end hotel. It will most likely face the waterpark and freeway (which is great for some) but doesn't provide the luxury/exclusivity of a high-end hotel.

So it looks like Portofino will continue to be the premiere on-site hotel with Aventura being "value".
Makes sense. CBBR is also not a branded Lowes hotel. Can' t use Lowes You Too benefits there.

This obviously isn't the hotel I thought it was going to be. I am now curious about the services and amenities that will be available. Lobby Bar, Starbucks, Food Court, Pool Bar & Grill around the small pool is about all I think we'll see.

From what I understand, there will be a full-service restaurant in there which is why I'm confused on how they are going to classify it(among other amenities that I'm not sure I should talk about yet).

From what I understand, there will be a full-service restaurant in there which is why I'm confused on how they are going to classify it(among other amenities that I'm not sure I should talk about yet).
That's good, I'm hearing Sapphire Falls is getting a few complaints about dining capacity.

That's good, I'm hearing Sapphire Falls is getting a few complaints about dining capacity.

Haven't heard too much about dinning at SF, but I wonder if this is just because a lot of people booked under the $150 or the $75 credit deals the had....I Sumer I can drink my credits when HHN comes around? But when I booked my stay for HHN, I did wonder how crowded the restaurants would be. We tend to be early folks, so maybe we will spend a good part of the credit for breakfast ( assuming many folks booked the way we did for an HHN visit and that many will sleep in).

Haven't heard too much about dinning at SF, but I wonder if this is just because a lot of people booked under the $150 or the $75 credit deals the had....I Sumer I can drink my credits when HHN comes around? But when I booked my stay for HHN, I did wonder how crowded the restaurants would be. We tend to be early folks, so maybe we will spend a good part of the credit for breakfast ( assuming many folks booked the way we did for an HHN visit and that many will sleep in).
Good point. I'm sure that would inflate the crowds in the restaurants.

No alcohol for the credit :curse:

Status
Not open for further replies.