Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I think such technology could run the risk of being "Projected Faces 2.0," if done well, it could be incredibly cool.

Especially if they could figure out how to use it for, say, Larry Talbot's transformation into the Wolf Man...
tumblr_las7vuVO9c1qa36kao1_500.gif

Maybe project part of the transformation onto a human face as we leave a scene, then see a full Wolf Man AA in the following scene, for example.
So much potential for all of the monsters. Wolf Man and Dracula transformations, Frankenstein’s monster surging with sparks and electricity, a dripping wet Gillman, I’m sure the list goes on and on. If the end result is as amazing as the original posters claims we’re in for an absolute treat.

It sounds amazing but it also sounds like one of those effects where in the future everyone will be saying “wow, remember how amazing that effect was until about a year after opening?”

I hope I’m wrong. Either way I’ll be there day 1.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
And remember this is all being done while swinging around on a Kuka Arm.
I have a feeling we will not be moving as rapidly as we are on Forbidden Journey. Imagine the Screen scenes with a normal dark ride scene. I suspect this will be more tame and use the Kuka aspects in key moments with an overall feeling of flying rather than whipping us around constantly.

It sounds amazing but it also sounds like one of those effects where in the future everyone will be saying “wow, remember how amazing that effect was until about a year after opening?”

I hope I’m wrong. Either way I’ll be there day 1.
I still get that feeling I first felt when Im falling off the building on spiderman. It never gets old.

People still like that Shanghai Pirates effect where a skeleton turns into Jack. This sounds of a similar ilk.
As far as I know I think(?) that's still a souped up peppers ghost but I may be wrong.
I still get that feeling I first felt when Im falling off the building on spiderman. It never gets old.
I meant more in the realm of the effect constantly breaking. I imagine it was pretty hard to get projections timed with moving objects. Doubly so if timed to AA movements.

As far as I know I think(?) that's still a souped up peppers ghost but I may be wrong.

I meant more in the realm of the effect constantly breaking. I imagine it was pretty hard to get projections timed with moving objects. Doubly so if timed to AA movements.

Ehhh....Disney does it with Mickey and Minnie's Runway Railroad....it really just the speed of the AA and the complexity of the movement.

very glad to see there’s more to the monsters village than just a single pathway.

It seems as if we'll be able to go left towards the coaster upon entering. They're theming the retail building on all sides, and assuming they're also going to theme the back of the hub restaurant bordering the land, it should hopefully feel like another street over on that part of the land, too.

Just out of curiosity, and not to be a woeful worry-wart, but what has been cut from the original permits so far?

As far as I remember, it's been.

1. The Potter VR attraction
2. Meteor Burgers
3. Italian restaurant themed as a Tuscan villa.
4. Sit-down barbecue to quick service Oak and Tavern
5. Retail section near Potter.
6. Replacement of the Monsters stage show with a Wolfman roller coaster.

Reactions: Suchomimus
The carousel really does look spectacular. Park icon?

I'm surprised they're adding one of the portals to Potter - I thought the Arc would serve that purpose. I'm curious about the space in between the two.
Regarding the portals, each one is essentially an Astrolabe which fits with the whole space theme of the hub. Astrolabes are considered handheld models of the universe, and here it's a case where you enter one and you're taken to the universe it represents. The Arc doesn't serve that purpose, but it'll sure as heck establish where you ended up after going through the portal!

Just out of curiosity, and not to be a woeful worry-wart, but what has been cut from the original permits so far?

2. Meteor Burgers

Cutz:
1) Potter VR (this is good from what I hear)
2) Meteor Burgers
3) Hub Potter store

Swapz:
1) Monsters show for Curse of the Wolfman (upgrade IMHO)
2) BBQ upgrade (also an upgrade)
3) Casini sit down Italian for kids play area

2. Meteor Burgers
Zephyr Market quick service by the entrance will also not be there opening day [*]