Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's going to be a good land overall, but the rides don't look to be anything special. The coaster looks just okay, the Sky-Fly attractions are really cool but aren't unique, the splash battle looks incredibly short, and we're missing a dark ride. It doesn't have a standout ride like the other lands do.

The coaster is actually my least anticipated attraction at the park because it looks way too much like Hagrid's. Aside from that I like the lineup, but yeah it probably is my least anticipated.

Reactions: belloq87
The coaster is actually my least anticipated attraction at the park because it looks way too much like Hagrid's.
If the coaster were themed to look made of wood (which would make sense, given that the story is supposedly that the village-folk built it as a training device of sorts), I think that would have created a real visual uniqueness to set it apart, even if the ride experience itself might be comparable to something like Hagrid's.

The coaster is actually my least anticipated attraction at the park because it looks way too much like Hagrid's. Aside from that I like the lineup, but yeah it probably is my least anticipated.
It's just Hagrids without the tricks. No backwards section, no drop track, less launches, and normal seats. I understand that it's a family coaster, but there's two other family coasters in the park that do something more interesting. I don't understand why we have this instead of a dark ride.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
It's going to be a good land overall, but the rides don't look to be anything special. The coaster looks just okay, the Sky-Fly attractions are really cool but aren't unique, the splash battle looks incredibly short, and we're missing a dark ride. It doesn't have a standout ride like the other lands do.
It has a standout show. Plus the other lands generally have 1 standout ride and either another coaster or a show

By my count, we've got the following at opening --

• 3 headliner dark ride-adjacent experiences (Ministry of Magic, Mario Kart, Monsters)
  • 3 family coasters (DK, Wolfman, Dragons)
  • 2 headliner shows (Fantastic Beasts, Dragons)
  • 2 adult coasters (Starfall Racers)
  • 2 simple-but-a-step-above-flat rides (Yoshi, Splash Battle)
  • 2 flat rides (celestial flat, Dragons sky fly)
I think that's a pretty strong lineup! More physical rides than any of the secondary Disney parks right now, plus the shows and other experiences (Nintendo World games, Potter wand stuff, etc.)

It has a standout show. Plus the other lands generally have 1 standout ride and either another coaster or a show
A good show is nice, but I still wish we had a dark ride or simulator worthy of the IP. A flight simulator similar to Flight of Passage would have been amazing. Or a proper boat ride. Just imagine riding on a viking ship with dragon animatronics "flying" overhead with simulated fire effects!

Reactions: Casper Gutman
I think this is the land where you just drink and vibe while the kids do the things that they want to do...with the requisite barf machine just next door.

I think it is only two other parks in America that has one. I'd call that unique . . .
That just means it's unique in North America, not the world. There are quite a few of these overseas.

Don't get me wrong, the Sky Fly is actually one of my most anticipated attractions. I'm going to flip that vehicle so much. It's just not special.

I’m really impressed by the rate of construction. Feels like everytime Bio goes up, there’s more and more to see. Dragons is seemingly the harbinger of details coming to the site. First the statues, then the boats, now some smaller dragons.

SNW is being enclosed as we speak. I don’t think we’re far from seeing detail panels in the land.

I’m most excited to see the finished portal for Monsters. Can’t wait until they take down that scaffolding.

I’m really impressed by the rate of construction. Feels like everytime Bio goes up, there’s more and more to see. Dragons is seemingly the harbinger of details coming to the site. First the statues, then the boats, now some smaller dragons.

SNW is being enclosed as we speak. I don’t think we’re far from seeing detail panels in the land.

I’m most excited to see the finished portal for Monsters. Can’t wait until they take down that scaffolding.
I am most excited to see the Monster's "Castle". Hope they go all out gothic. Haunted Mansion x 10. And hope they do some special effects for night. Spooky lights and shadows in the windows, etc.

I am most excited to see the Monster's "Castle". Hope they go all out gothic. Haunted Mansion x 10. And hope they do some special effects for night. Spooky lights and shadows in the windows, etc.
What do you think of the manor’s current color? I think that batch of photos from Bio’s trip prior to this one has some pics. Let me dig them back up for everyone.

Reactions: Loki
I haven't seen much of the theming for the manor itself. I am probably not looking closely enough but all I have seen is scaffolding.

By my count, we've got the following at opening --

• 3 headliner dark ride-adjacent experiences (Ministry of Magic, Mario Kart, Monsters)
  • 3 family coasters (DK, Wolfman, Dragons)
  • 2 headliner shows (Fantastic Beasts, Dragons)
  • 2 adult coasters (Starfall Racers)
  • 2 simple-but-a-step-above-flat rides (Yoshi, Splash Battle)
  • 2 flat rides (celestial flat, Dragons sky fly)
I think that's a pretty strong lineup! More physical rides than any of the secondary Disney parks right now, plus the shows and other experiences (Nintendo World games, Potter wand stuff, etc.)

I don’t think the hub things should be included in the actual “things to do attractions” that will be paid for.

I feel like the park should have more, on paper. But since Nintendo has been the only thing confirmed, I’m waiting to see before I judge.

I’m hoping it’s much better than I anticipate.