Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, I'm going to imagine that opening day (and the first days) will be significantly higher than normal.

They'll probably level out to $140-160 after that first initial burst of influencers and crazy theme park people (us)

I'll be getting my park tickets for free, as per usual. In Canada, we have Air Miles Reward Program and you can redeem your miles for park tickets for everywhere. They have the promo combos as well (buy 2 days, get 3 days free; park to park, etc). You can also redeem for their resorts :)

The most expensive one-day ticket is currently $190 with taxes. That is probably the figure I'd be looking at, though it wouldn't stun me if they tweak things for Epic Universe's first month of operation, whether that be requiring the purchase of a multi-day resort ticket or something else.
Wasn't there a rumor that EU will only be accessible with single day tickets for a while? Maybe I'm imagining that

If Universal is already actively talking about how they want to provide "a week" destination for guests, telling those guests that they'll have to buy multiple kinds of tickets to spend that week there would seem to be a stretch to me. I can't believe it wouldn't be included as part of multi-day tickets (which will surely cost more, with there being a new, third theme park at the resort).

If Universal is already actively talking about how they want to provide "a week" destination for guests, telling those guests that they'll have to buy multiple kinds of tickets to spend that week there would seem to be a stretch to me. I can't believe it wouldn't be included as part of multi-day tickets (which will surely cost more, with there being a new, third theme park at the resort).
That was my initial thought as well. This is a great opportunity to sell five-day tickets in droves and build up immense goodwill with your customers. I understand why they'd want to better monitor capacity at Epic Universe, but I'm not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze in this situation. But! We don't know anything yet, so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

That was my initial thought as well. This is a great opportunity to sell five-day tickets in droves and build up immense goodwill with your customers. I understand why they'd want to better monitor capacity at Epic Universe, but I'm not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze in this situation. But! We don't know anything yet, so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
Agreed. It'll probably be a balanced approach. I'm sure they want to avoid what happened with Galaxy's Edge and not telegraph that people should stay away.

Not to mention complicating the planning/vacation experience. It's a tough pill to swallow for lots of families if you're asking them to pay $160-200 for 1-day tickets in addition to already pricey 2-3-day tickets.

Just based on prices right now...
WDW 4-Day Park Hopper (on an expensive start date) = $412
UO 2-Day Park to Park (includes 2 free days) ~$350 + ~$150 = $500

A $400-500 difference for a family of 4 in current pricing... that's enough for maybe 2 family members to participate in the new Monster Makeover.

Agreed. It'll probably be a balanced approach. I'm sure they want to avoid what happened with Galaxy's Edge and not telegraph that people should stay away.
Yep, the best thing they can do is set up a reservation system with 1-day tickets guaranteed access, same with resort guests no matter what ticket they have.

Reserve a % of "slots" for APs if they don't see strong demand from the start.

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be bundles like “spend three days at Uni/IoA/VB and get a secured park entry reservation to Epic. I also think that they’ll probably limit Epic days when purchasing tickets/track credit cards and IDs or whatever.

It’s truly the only thing that would keep me from doing a three-day excursion just for Epic and maybe a single additional day to park hop Uni and IoA - if I was forced by the vacation package to go. I hope they’d at least let you book an extra day at Epic so you have a second day to explore what you didn’t see due to lines/timing.

I also wonder if there will be any limited-time celebrations in IoA or Uni to encourage guests to visit during the opening few months.

On the topic of 50 experiences… there’s the Wand experience and the Power-Up Band experience… but will the other two lands have some sort of comparable land exploration activity or game? Will this be filled out by entertainment? I can imagine that a “train your own dragon” either in an app or as a shoulder creature could be extremely popular, especially if you could actually track its training and skills like a Pokemon. I guess Monsters lends itself well to an experience like “Ghost Town Alive!” At Knotts? Or like, the platonic ideal of the Galaxy’s Edge experience, which eventually was put behind the Starcruiser paywall? I can imagine people walking around and talking to “villagers” to solve “mysteries” about the Dark Universe….

Universal didn't talk about the nighttime show in Celectial park but I think we can be sure it will happen. There is also no word on character meetings in the hub although I heard rumbling about at least 1 unique character. Has anyone any insight into character meet and greets for the hub or the other lands?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
They didn't mention the fountain show or fireworks, but the animations clearly show both. I have a feeling that will all be a reveal all by itself with more details of after dark/nightlife and entertainment as well as an announcement about Celestial Park being open to all after a designated time (it could vary by date).

Universal didn't talk about the nighttime show in Celectial park but I think we can be sure it will happen. There is also no word on character meetings in the hub although I heard rumbling about at least 1 unique character. Has anyone any insight into character meet and greets for the hub or the other lands?
We're getting a new show this year and 0 announcements yet lol