Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hi all, haven't been around these halls for a while and I cant trawl through the entire 158 pages to find an answer. I'm sure its asked a lot and I apologise for asking again but what's the latest on Epic opening timescales? Is summer 25 still in play or are we looking later than that now? Thanks
:)
@Disneyhead had previously said the word out was opening by June with Fourth of July the drop dead opening if there's issues.

• Love
Reactions: Jonea32
You do not need an exact date to start budgeting and planning. How is this any different than when the park is building a new ride or attraction, and you want to wait util it opens to visit? you plan accordingly. Will you be the first one there, well unless you are a local or can travel at the drop of the time when dates and times are dropped then no. If we get an opening date 3-6 months before the park officially opens, that is plenty of time to plan and start planning a trip to a park that will not be closing anytime soon. I seriously doubt anything will be going on sale this year unless the park plans on opening in March or April.
Agree To Disagree Ryan Gosling GIF by The Academy Awards

You do not need an exact date to start budgeting and planning. How is this any different than when the park is building a new ride or attraction, and you want to wait util it opens to visit? you plan accordingly. Will you be the first one there, well unless you are a local or can travel at the drop of the time when dates and times are dropped then no. If we get an opening date 3-6 months before the park officially opens, that is plenty of time to plan and start planning a trip to a park that will not be closing anytime soon. I seriously doubt anything will be going on sale this year unless the park plans on opening in March or April.
Well, ideally you'd want at least the month to be announced to avoid panicking about it opening later in the summer than early on. Summer is generally known as Memorial Day-Labor Day (stretching as far back as September, according to Mummy lol)... large window to choose from.

With recent summer months declining in attendance, Universal wants to make sure that their 3-new onsite resort hotels (2,000 rooms in total), plus their current inventory (8.6K rooms) are fully booked. Only announcing an opening date 3 months in advance is a recipe for low attendance/occupancy.

I don't recommend planning a trip during the first few months of operations, need to give them to tie up any loose ends, but... there is a bit of an expectation that, at the very least, Epic will be open sometime in June if they keep using "Summer" in their language.

Hi all, haven't been around these halls for a while and I cant trawl through the entire 158 pages to find an answer. I'm sure its asked a lot and I apologise for asking again but what's the latest on Epic opening timescales? Is summer 25 still in play or are we looking later than that now? Thanks
:)
Still early to say. It will be open when it’s ready, even if ready is may or June or September or later,, there are delays

I wouldn't expect that. I'm expecting an opening date to be announced during the fall. Announcing an opening date a year in advance is a horrible idea.
Heck, Disney announced the opening day of the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT with the initial announcement, years in advance LOL Now, of course, they announce and quietly abandon. But... if Universal waits too long, the summer crowd will already have booked their hotels, and planned out their trip -- without Epic. And its especially true with wholesalers who put together their travel packages months in advance (I know - I've worked for 33 different travel wholesalers that did the packages for airlines <United, Southwest, etc> and Amtrak. By fall, those packages, rates and inclusion will already be contracted out for the brochures to be printed. Without an opening date, wholesalers would have to not include Epic or Helios for the summer 2025 packages.

Is it worse to have to wait to plan, or to cancel your plans because they missed an announced deadline?

I agree with 6 months being a healthy amount of lead time. Research is showing people are booking trips with longer lead times closer to pre-covid numbers. But, based on this article from last summer, that average was 6 months in advance.

Yes, considering that theme park vacations nowadays can cost (at a minimum) up to ($3-4K) for a family of 4, a 6-month advanced notice is ideal.

Disney is also playing hardball next year, they've already released 2025 packages along with perks (like free water park access), so Universal might want to get ahead of that too.

January-March has now become one of their busier periods to travel to Orlando with people avoiding the summer months... so Universal might wanna get ahead of that planning period as well.

Reactions: saint.piss
This is why I plan on a September "first visit" aside from any kind of previews I might find a way to attend. My plan is a hotel stay/vacation for the full experience once things have settled down a bit and have become more reliable.

Reactions: Jake S
I’m a January 2026 guy. Give it time to work out the kinks, cooler weather, and hopefully, somewhat slower crowds inbetween MLK day and Valentines Day.
Ideally, for weather reasons, this would be my timeframe, as well.

But I feel like that would be too long to avoid seeing all the park walkthroughs and ride videos (and thereby getting spoiled), and it wouldn't be fun to have to avoid all the conversations that will be happening about the park for that long.

So, assuming a June-ish opening, my plan is for September. I can wait that long.