Universal's Epic Universe Hotel Speculation | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Hotel Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that Helios will be part of it since it's an integral part of the park.

I'm hoping/picturing the center of the building being a large model with corresponding merchandise and additional displays/video screens around it. Essentially walk with the model in front of you, and each land having an array of merchandise around it.

What would be the most comparable hotel in Orlando to Helios? Downtown or WDW area or elsewhere.
This is a cop out of sorts, but I honestly think the closest comp will be Grand Floridian - not in rate, Universal can never dream of touching that, but in a general sense of 425ish square foot rooms, number of amenities, “luxury” hotel but not actually a luxury hotel vibe.

Shame the thing looks like they had a bunch of Finfrock gift cards laying around though.

• Haha
Reactions: Ahmanet
Shame the thing looks like they had a bunch of Finfrock gift cards laying around though.
Helios was not built by Finfrock. It was not built using prefab concrete walls raised into place, instead using more traditional building methods (otherwise it would be done by now).

Helios’ contractor is PCL I believe.

EDIT: Helios’ parking garage was built by Finfrock, which is why that went up so fast.

Last edited:
Helios was not built by Finfrock. It was not built using prefab concrete walls raised into place, instead using more traditional building methods (otherwise it would be done by now).

Helios’ contractor is PCL I believe.

EDIT: Helios’ parking garage was built by Finfrock, which is why that went up so fast.
Except it was actually built by lifting prefab exterior walls into place, which is early-mid aughts design for a 4-4.5 star hotel with no balconies. I get that it has to blend in with the aesthetic of the park but I would have expected something a little better. That said, if they can match what the inside of Beijing looks like, it’ll be fine.

I would say the same about the Fantasy Springs hotel in Tokyo, especially compared to the art they released.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Having recently rented a Volcano View room in Cabana Towers - think you have the right idea.

The wow factors of the views are worth the premium price.

I realize it's just the architect's portfolio, but I bet they're going to love Disney being mentioned in the description of their new flagship hotel.

"The client sought to create a "Disney castle" which was inhabitable."

and with that... topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.